May 29, 2013, 12:28 PM EST
Congratulations Golden State, you get another year of Richard Jefferson.
As everyone expected, the 32-year-old swingman picked up his $11 million option for next season, his agent Todd Eley told Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
“Richard has exercised his option to include the 2013-14 season in his current contract,” Eley said.
Jefferson played a total of 39 minutes across seven games in the Warriors recent playoff run. He’s not part of the team’s future and not even really part of it’s present — he averaged 3.1 points a game in the 56 games he got in this season, with a PER of 10.3. With good and improving players such as Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes, it’s hard to see Jefferson getting much run. He could be moved as salary in a big trade, but that is not likely.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 0
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 3
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 11
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17