May 29, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
Congratulations Golden State, you get another year of Richard Jefferson.
As everyone expected, the 32-year-old swingman picked up his $11 million option for next season, his agent Todd Eley told Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
“Richard has exercised his option to include the 2013-14 season in his current contract,” Eley said.
Jefferson played a total of 39 minutes across seven games in the Warriors recent playoff run. He’s not part of the team’s future and not even really part of it’s present — he averaged 3.1 points a game in the 56 games he got in this season, with a PER of 10.3. With good and improving players such as Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes, it’s hard to see Jefferson getting much run. He could be moved as salary in a big trade, but that is not likely.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29