May 29, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
Congratulations Golden State, you get another year of Richard Jefferson.
As everyone expected, the 32-year-old swingman picked up his $11 million option for next season, his agent Todd Eley told Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
“Richard has exercised his option to include the 2013-14 season in his current contract,” Eley said.
Jefferson played a total of 39 minutes across seven games in the Warriors recent playoff run. He’s not part of the team’s future and not even really part of it’s present — he averaged 3.1 points a game in the 56 games he got in this season, with a PER of 10.3. With good and improving players such as Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes, it’s hard to see Jefferson getting much run. He could be moved as salary in a big trade, but that is not likely.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28