May 29, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
Congratulations Golden State, you get another year of Richard Jefferson.
As everyone expected, the 32-year-old swingman picked up his $11 million option for next season, his agent Todd Eley told Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
“Richard has exercised his option to include the 2013-14 season in his current contract,” Eley said.
Jefferson played a total of 39 minutes across seven games in the Warriors recent playoff run. He’s not part of the team’s future and not even really part of it’s present — he averaged 3.1 points a game in the 56 games he got in this season, with a PER of 10.3. With good and improving players such as Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes, it’s hard to see Jefferson getting much run. He could be moved as salary in a big trade, but that is not likely.
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 15
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10