May 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
This video highlights the central problem for the Grizzlies all series — they could not contain Tony Parker. Not even close. Especially not in Game 4, where Parker went off for 37 points to lead the Heat to a win
He would have the ball out top, come off the pick (usually of Zach Randolph‘s man) and he could drive right into the paint and score. Or pass to shooters on the perimeter. Or pull up for an open jumper himself. Or hit Tim Duncan with a pass rolling down the paint. And so on and so on…
Parker had 37 points in Game 4 and these are some highlights. Before the game the Grizzlies talked about needing to build a wall to keep him out of the paint, but that wall never went up. Not close. It fit the pattern — remember earlier this series Parker had 18 assists in a game. Whatever the Grizzlies tried to do to he blew up and blew by it.
Parker is the key reason the Heat swept the Grizzlies out of the playoffs. The guy is just a pleasure to watch (unless you’re a Grizzlies fan).
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50