May 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
This video highlights the central problem for the Grizzlies all series — they could not contain Tony Parker. Not even close. Especially not in Game 4, where Parker went off for 37 points to lead the Heat to a win
He would have the ball out top, come off the pick (usually of Zach Randolph‘s man) and he could drive right into the paint and score. Or pass to shooters on the perimeter. Or pull up for an open jumper himself. Or hit Tim Duncan with a pass rolling down the paint. And so on and so on…
Parker had 37 points in Game 4 and these are some highlights. Before the game the Grizzlies talked about needing to build a wall to keep him out of the paint, but that wall never went up. Not close. It fit the pattern — remember earlier this series Parker had 18 assists in a game. Whatever the Grizzlies tried to do to he blew up and blew by it.
Parker is the key reason the Heat swept the Grizzlies out of the playoffs. The guy is just a pleasure to watch (unless you’re a Grizzlies fan).
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13