May 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
This video highlights the central problem for the Grizzlies all series — they could not contain Tony Parker. Not even close. Especially not in Game 4, where Parker went off for 37 points to lead the Heat to a win
He would have the ball out top, come off the pick (usually of Zach Randolph‘s man) and he could drive right into the paint and score. Or pass to shooters on the perimeter. Or pull up for an open jumper himself. Or hit Tim Duncan with a pass rolling down the paint. And so on and so on…
Parker had 37 points in Game 4 and these are some highlights. Before the game the Grizzlies talked about needing to build a wall to keep him out of the paint, but that wall never went up. Not close. It fit the pattern — remember earlier this series Parker had 18 assists in a game. Whatever the Grizzlies tried to do to he blew up and blew by it.
Parker is the key reason the Heat swept the Grizzlies out of the playoffs. The guy is just a pleasure to watch (unless you’re a Grizzlies fan).
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11