May 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
This video highlights the central problem for the Grizzlies all series — they could not contain Tony Parker. Not even close. Especially not in Game 4, where Parker went off for 37 points to lead the Heat to a win
He would have the ball out top, come off the pick (usually of Zach Randolph‘s man) and he could drive right into the paint and score. Or pass to shooters on the perimeter. Or pull up for an open jumper himself. Or hit Tim Duncan with a pass rolling down the paint. And so on and so on…
Parker had 37 points in Game 4 and these are some highlights. Before the game the Grizzlies talked about needing to build a wall to keep him out of the paint, but that wall never went up. Not close. It fit the pattern — remember earlier this series Parker had 18 assists in a game. Whatever the Grizzlies tried to do to he blew up and blew by it.
Parker is the key reason the Heat swept the Grizzlies out of the playoffs. The guy is just a pleasure to watch (unless you’re a Grizzlies fan).
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 4
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 7
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8