May 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
This video highlights the central problem for the Grizzlies all series — they could not contain Tony Parker. Not even close. Especially not in Game 4, where Parker went off for 37 points to lead the Heat to a win
He would have the ball out top, come off the pick (usually of Zach Randolph‘s man) and he could drive right into the paint and score. Or pass to shooters on the perimeter. Or pull up for an open jumper himself. Or hit Tim Duncan with a pass rolling down the paint. And so on and so on…
Parker had 37 points in Game 4 and these are some highlights. Before the game the Grizzlies talked about needing to build a wall to keep him out of the paint, but that wall never went up. Not close. It fit the pattern — remember earlier this series Parker had 18 assists in a game. Whatever the Grizzlies tried to do to he blew up and blew by it.
Parker is the key reason the Heat swept the Grizzlies out of the playoffs. The guy is just a pleasure to watch (unless you’re a Grizzlies fan).
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49