May 28, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Through the wickets. Nutmeged. Just plain showing up.
Maybe this was the first real sign Monday night was not going to be the Grizzlies night. The Spurs were on a first-quarter run and Kawhi Leonard is bringing the ball up in transition and the Grizzlies do a good job of stopping the ball, so he passes out on the wing to Manu Ginobili. But already Tayshaun Prince has picked him up and is ready in a defensive position with his feet shoulder width apart.
And Ginobili throws a bounce pass right through Prince’s legs to Cory Joseph for the layup. Ouch.
That make it 21-12 and was part of that first quarter run the Spurs had that Memphis tried desperately but could never completely dig out of as they were eliminated from the playoffs by San Antonio.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61