May 28, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Through the wickets. Nutmeged. Just plain showing up.
Maybe this was the first real sign Monday night was not going to be the Grizzlies night. The Spurs were on a first-quarter run and Kawhi Leonard is bringing the ball up in transition and the Grizzlies do a good job of stopping the ball, so he passes out on the wing to Manu Ginobili. But already Tayshaun Prince has picked him up and is ready in a defensive position with his feet shoulder width apart.
And Ginobili throws a bounce pass right through Prince’s legs to Cory Joseph for the layup. Ouch.
That make it 21-12 and was part of that first quarter run the Spurs had that Memphis tried desperately but could never completely dig out of as they were eliminated from the playoffs by San Antonio.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12