May 28, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
In the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies’ Game 4 loss to the Spurs, Memphis coach Lionel Hollins pushed Jerryd Bayless near the Grizzlies bench (hat tip: Ben Golliver of Point Forward). It seems Bayless was sitting himself down anyway as Hollins pushed him, making the appearance that Hollins pushed Bayless down into a seat potentially misleading.
This was obviously a frustrating situation, Memphis just four minutes from its season ending, but that’s no excuse for Hollins to put his hands on Bayless like this. Of course, there are potential extenuating details unknown to us. We don’t see the inner workings of how Hollins and Bayless typically interact and whether behavior is out of the norm for them.
Besides, if the coach and player have a strong relationship based on mutual understanding, perhaps Bayless can forgive Hollins more easily if this crossed a line.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15