May 28, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
In the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies’ Game 4 loss to the Spurs, Memphis coach Lionel Hollins pushed Jerryd Bayless near the Grizzlies bench (hat tip: Ben Golliver of Point Forward). It seems Bayless was sitting himself down anyway as Hollins pushed him, making the appearance that Hollins pushed Bayless down into a seat potentially misleading.
This was obviously a frustrating situation, Memphis just four minutes from its season ending, but that’s no excuse for Hollins to put his hands on Bayless like this. Of course, there are potential extenuating details unknown to us. We don’t see the inner workings of how Hollins and Bayless typically interact and whether behavior is out of the norm for them.
Besides, if the coach and player have a strong relationship based on mutual understanding, perhaps Bayless can forgive Hollins more easily if this crossed a line.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 37
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17