May 27, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
It’s a pretty standard play — a player tries to save a ball going out of bounds and retain possession by throwing it off the body of a guy near the sidelines.
It just doesn’t normally happen off a guy’s head. But that was what happened here as Roy Hibbert went to the ground chasing a loose ball and Mario Chalmers tried to save the ball and throw it off Hibbert. I don’t think this was really intentional.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22