May 27, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
It’s a pretty standard play — a player tries to save a ball going out of bounds and retain possession by throwing it off the body of a guy near the sidelines.
It just doesn’t normally happen off a guy’s head. But that was what happened here as Roy Hibbert went to the ground chasing a loose ball and Mario Chalmers tried to save the ball and throw it off Hibbert. I don’t think this was really intentional.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29