May 27, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
Near the end of the postgame press conference with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade after the Heat’s Game 3 win over the Pacers, Wade was asked how his knee was feeling, and whether or not it was affecting him during this series.
Wade’s performance wouldn’t indicate that he was having any issues, especially after posting 18 points, four rebounds, eight assists, and two blocked shots in his team’s latest victory. Even though we know the knee has been sore throughout these playoffs, and has limited Wade at times, he’s been able to play through the injury for the most part.
As Wade prepared to deliver an answer to the question, James stopped him in his tracks.
“His knee is fine,” James insisted. “His knee is fine, we don’t need to talk about the knee. He in the lineup, he good.”
“There you go,” Wade said with a smile.
“He’s alright,” James added.
It’s reminiscent of one of those moments that the press used to complain about during Miami’s first season with Wade and James together, when they’d frequently appear side-by-side at press conferences and protect one another from questions they believed might have been too stressful or difficult to deal with individually.
Either way, Wade’s performance hasn’t seemed to be affected the knee lately, and James obviously doesn’t want his teammate to have to continue to address it.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 6
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 14
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 11
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)