May 27, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Near the end of the postgame press conference with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade after the Heat’s Game 3 win over the Pacers, Wade was asked how his knee was feeling, and whether or not it was affecting him during this series.
Wade’s performance wouldn’t indicate that he was having any issues, especially after posting 18 points, four rebounds, eight assists, and two blocked shots in his team’s latest victory. Even though we know the knee has been sore throughout these playoffs, and has limited Wade at times, he’s been able to play through the injury for the most part.
As Wade prepared to deliver an answer to the question, James stopped him in his tracks.
“His knee is fine,” James insisted. “His knee is fine, we don’t need to talk about the knee. He in the lineup, he good.”
“There you go,” Wade said with a smile.
“He’s alright,” James added.
It’s reminiscent of one of those moments that the press used to complain about during Miami’s first season with Wade and James together, when they’d frequently appear side-by-side at press conferences and protect one another from questions they believed might have been too stressful or difficult to deal with individually.
Either way, Wade’s performance hasn’t seemed to be affected the knee lately, and James obviously doesn’t want his teammate to have to continue to address it.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23