May 27, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Chris Andersen was 4-for-4 on Sunday night against the Pacers. You can see the shots in that video.
That makes him 13-for-13 in the Eastern Conference Finals. He has now hit 16 shots in a row and is 31-of-37 in these playoffs. It is an amazing run. (By the way, he has a postseason PER of 32.)
Yes, almost all of his shots are right around the rim if not outright dunks, but with a 7’2″ Roy Hibbert around (and Joakim Noah with the Bulls last round) guys usually miss some in tight as shots are contested. But it’s a credit to the Birdman playing within himself — he makes smart cuts to the rim, doesn’t do the things he knows he shouldn’t do, and hustles. He has been a fantastic pickup by the Heat and played himself into a nice new contract next season.
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 0
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 23
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 22
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 12