May 27, 2013, 8:42 AM EST
Chris Andersen was 4-for-4 on Sunday night against the Pacers. You can see the shots in that video.
That makes him 13-for-13 in the Eastern Conference Finals. He has now hit 16 shots in a row and is 31-of-37 in these playoffs. It is an amazing run. (By the way, he has a postseason PER of 32.)
Yes, almost all of his shots are right around the rim if not outright dunks, but with a 7’2″ Roy Hibbert around (and Joakim Noah with the Bulls last round) guys usually miss some in tight as shots are contested. But it’s a credit to the Birdman playing within himself — he makes smart cuts to the rim, doesn’t do the things he knows he shouldn’t do, and hustles. He has been a fantastic pickup by the Heat and played himself into a nice new contract next season.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)