May 27, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Chris Andersen was 4-for-4 on Sunday night against the Pacers. You can see the shots in that video.
That makes him 13-for-13 in the Eastern Conference Finals. He has now hit 16 shots in a row and is 31-of-37 in these playoffs. It is an amazing run. (By the way, he has a postseason PER of 32.)
Yes, almost all of his shots are right around the rim if not outright dunks, but with a 7’2″ Roy Hibbert around (and Joakim Noah with the Bulls last round) guys usually miss some in tight as shots are contested. But it’s a credit to the Birdman playing within himself — he makes smart cuts to the rim, doesn’t do the things he knows he shouldn’t do, and hustles. He has been a fantastic pickup by the Heat and played himself into a nice new contract next season.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10