May 26, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is known for giving reporters a hard time when the questions they pose aren’t exactly overly-stimulating.
After San Antonio came out with a lackluster effort to open Game 3 and fell behind by as many as 18 points in the first quarter, one could have guessed that Popovich wouldn’t be in the mood to cordially chat about Xs and Os while his team was getting torched.
Popovich made sure to end the between-quarter interview as quickly as possible, and did a fantastic job in wrapping it up in less than nine seconds.
Credit Doris Burke for knowing what she was going to get in terms of a response, and simply barreling through the mandatory two questions so that she could get out of there just as fast.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13