May 26, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is known for giving reporters a hard time when the questions they pose aren’t exactly overly-stimulating.
After San Antonio came out with a lackluster effort to open Game 3 and fell behind by as many as 18 points in the first quarter, one could have guessed that Popovich wouldn’t be in the mood to cordially chat about Xs and Os while his team was getting torched.
Popovich made sure to end the between-quarter interview as quickly as possible, and did a fantastic job in wrapping it up in less than nine seconds.
Credit Doris Burke for knowing what she was going to get in terms of a response, and simply barreling through the mandatory two questions so that she could get out of there just as fast.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6