May 26, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is known for giving reporters a hard time when the questions they pose aren’t exactly overly-stimulating.
After San Antonio came out with a lackluster effort to open Game 3 and fell behind by as many as 18 points in the first quarter, one could have guessed that Popovich wouldn’t be in the mood to cordially chat about Xs and Os while his team was getting torched.
Popovich made sure to end the between-quarter interview as quickly as possible, and did a fantastic job in wrapping it up in less than nine seconds.
Credit Doris Burke for knowing what she was going to get in terms of a response, and simply barreling through the mandatory two questions so that she could get out of there just as fast.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8