May 24, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There is no way that should have been a technical. It’s the playoffs, we want emotion, we want a little feisty play… and frankly that wasn’t that feisty. There are Tuesday night games in Minnesota in January that were more emotional than that play.
But Scott Foster has the fastest trigger in the NBA for technicals, so somehow Sam Young got one after a little tangle with LeBron James (and no tech for LeBron, fueling all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists who don’t really need fuel to begin with). Then Brian Shaw got a technical for jawing from the bench at Foster.
Best part of the video — after the missed free throw on the Shaw technical, watch Shaw yell “ball don’t lie” from the bench. ‘Sheed would be proud.
Thanks to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4