May 24, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
There is no way that should have been a technical. It’s the playoffs, we want emotion, we want a little feisty play… and frankly that wasn’t that feisty. There are Tuesday night games in Minnesota in January that were more emotional than that play.
But Scott Foster has the fastest trigger in the NBA for technicals, so somehow Sam Young got one after a little tangle with LeBron James (and no tech for LeBron, fueling all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists who don’t really need fuel to begin with). Then Brian Shaw got a technical for jawing from the bench at Foster.
Best part of the video — after the missed free throw on the Shaw technical, watch Shaw yell “ball don’t lie” from the bench. ‘Sheed would be proud.
Thanks to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 7
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 13
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)