May 24, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There is no way that should have been a technical. It’s the playoffs, we want emotion, we want a little feisty play… and frankly that wasn’t that feisty. There are Tuesday night games in Minnesota in January that were more emotional than that play.
But Scott Foster has the fastest trigger in the NBA for technicals, so somehow Sam Young got one after a little tangle with LeBron James (and no tech for LeBron, fueling all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists who don’t really need fuel to begin with). Then Brian Shaw got a technical for jawing from the bench at Foster.
Best part of the video — after the missed free throw on the Shaw technical, watch Shaw yell “ball don’t lie” from the bench. ‘Sheed would be proud.
Thanks to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 7
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 16
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3