May 24, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There is no way that should have been a technical. It’s the playoffs, we want emotion, we want a little feisty play… and frankly that wasn’t that feisty. There are Tuesday night games in Minnesota in January that were more emotional than that play.
But Scott Foster has the fastest trigger in the NBA for technicals, so somehow Sam Young got one after a little tangle with LeBron James (and no tech for LeBron, fueling all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists who don’t really need fuel to begin with). Then Brian Shaw got a technical for jawing from the bench at Foster.
Best part of the video — after the missed free throw on the Shaw technical, watch Shaw yell “ball don’t lie” from the bench. ‘Sheed would be proud.
Thanks to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20