May 24, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There is no way that should have been a technical. It’s the playoffs, we want emotion, we want a little feisty play… and frankly that wasn’t that feisty. There are Tuesday night games in Minnesota in January that were more emotional than that play.
But Scott Foster has the fastest trigger in the NBA for technicals, so somehow Sam Young got one after a little tangle with LeBron James (and no tech for LeBron, fueling all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists who don’t really need fuel to begin with). Then Brian Shaw got a technical for jawing from the bench at Foster.
Best part of the video — after the missed free throw on the Shaw technical, watch Shaw yell “ball don’t lie” from the bench. ‘Sheed would be proud.
Thanks to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34