May 24, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
George Hill had a rough Game 1 for the Pacers — 2-of-9 shooting for five points with three turnovers.
Plus, he sprained his big toe.
I’m serious, he’s getting treatment and everything. The news comes from the twitter account of Mark Montieth of Pacers.com.
George Hill has sprained left big toe, from Game 1. Had it iced after practice. Says he's OK.—
Mark Montieth (@MarkMontieth) May 24, 2013
He’s not missing Game 2 for this. But the Pacers are going to need much better games out of him and Lance Stephenson if they are going to even the series. They need a few more things than that, too, but if Hill is slowed a little by this and can’t defend well off the pick-and-roll or if his shot is still off it’s going to be much bigger mountain for the Pacers to climb.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5