May 24, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
George Hill had a rough Game 1 for the Pacers — 2-of-9 shooting for five points with three turnovers.
Plus, he sprained his big toe.
I’m serious, he’s getting treatment and everything. The news comes from the twitter account of Mark Montieth of Pacers.com.
He’s not missing Game 2 for this. But the Pacers are going to need much better games out of him and Lance Stephenson if they are going to even the series. They need a few more things than that, too, but if Hill is slowed a little by this and can’t defend well off the pick-and-roll or if his shot is still off it’s going to be much bigger mountain for the Pacers to climb.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6