May 24, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Jon Stewart loves Fox News gaffes…
• Conan O’Brien gives us (fake, obviously) NBA Mascots that shouldn’t dunk (thanks Lang for finding that).
• By the way, remember when it was the meme that LeBron wasn’t clutch. That seems quaint now.
• Spending seven days with the Memphis Grizzlies — this is great writing that gives you some real insight into the team.
• Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook went out and spent time with tornado victims in the Oklahoma City Area. Good on them.
• Celtics CEO & Governor Wyc Grousbeck told CSNNE.com he wants to keep the Celtics together for another year. Also, when the rebuilding starts he understands it is a multi-year process.
• Larry Drew would be interested in the open Clippers coaching job. I bet he would.
• NBC’s Joe Posnanski talks about LeBron James and other current athletes in other sports trying to chase the GOAT of their sport.
• The deepest position in this generally down NBA Draft? Center.
• ESPN’s draft guy Chad Ford that the Wizards are “very high” on UNLV F Anthony Bennett.
• Along those same lines, here’s a report that Minnesota’s Flip Saunders is a “big fan” of Victor Oladipo.
• Enes Kanter‘s recovery from a shoulder injury is coming along, but he likely will not be cleared for basketball activities until August.
• This is pretty funny — Jerry Stackhouse details his NBA fighting career.
• Did you know the city of Indianapolis pays the Pacers $10 million a year to stay?
• Finally, this isn’t hoops, but Grantland’s oral history of the 2003 World Series of Poker is a great read.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14