May 24, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
To answer your first question, that is Todd MacCulloch getting dunked on. He played for the Nets in 2002. That was one of those years when the real NBA finals was the Lakers vs. Kings in the Western Conference Finals — whichever team got through that war was going to steamroll New Jersey. Which is what happened, the Lakers swept past them.
And that is some vintage Kobe Bryant right there, back when his hops took him out of the building.
I like the NBA’s ads this season, taking big moments from guys like Dirk Nowitzki and now Kobe. In both cases those are guys that changed the basketball culture in their cities. And got to hold the Larry O’Brien trophy.
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 2
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 4
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 4
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 11
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (47)