May 24, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
To answer your first question, that is Todd MacCulloch getting dunked on. He played for the Nets in 2002. That was one of those years when the real NBA finals was the Lakers vs. Kings in the Western Conference Finals — whichever team got through that war was going to steamroll New Jersey. Which is what happened, the Lakers swept past them.
And that is some vintage Kobe Bryant right there, back when his hops took him out of the building.
I like the NBA’s ads this season, taking big moments from guys like Dirk Nowitzki and now Kobe. In both cases those are guys that changed the basketball culture in their cities. And got to hold the Larry O’Brien trophy.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 17
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16