May 23, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
Most likely, the Cleveland Cavaliers will take Nerlens Noel with the No. 1 overall pick. When you think about their needs, a big man who can run the floor and defend the rim fits that.
Of course, Noel is a project, a couple years away from really contributing much at all to an NBA team. So the Cavs are looking around. They might trade the pick.
Or, they might take someone else. The Washington Post hints at the fact the Wizards are interested in Georgetown sophomore Otto Porter at No. 3, but maybe he doesn’t fall that far.
But there is a possibility that Porter, arguably the most NBA-ready player among the top prospects, might not be around when the Wizards pick third. A source with knowledge of the Cavaliers’ thinking said Porter is under consideration to go No. 1.
A number of players are under consideration for the Cavs, although Noel still seems the best fit.
This is probably a false rumor, but it’s worth keeping and eye on.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9