May 23, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has been virtually everywhere the last couple weeks selling his new book “Eleven Rings” but one of my favorite interviews so far is the one from last night with John Stewart on The Daily Show. And not because as a Knicks fan Stewart wants to know about those two rings.
It’s near the end of the interview, when Stewart asks him about coaching the Nets and he says he’s not interested — Stewart doesn’t let him off the hook, he says his eyes say something different. In another interview recently Jackson said his fiancée Jeanie Buss thinks he can and would like him to coach again. And while it will ultimately be the physical grind that keeps him off the bench (in my opinion), you can see there is a part of him still tempted.
And that chair is way, way too small for him.
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 17