May 23, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has been virtually everywhere the last couple weeks selling his new book “Eleven Rings” but one of my favorite interviews so far is the one from last night with John Stewart on The Daily Show. And not because as a Knicks fan Stewart wants to know about those two rings.
It’s near the end of the interview, when Stewart asks him about coaching the Nets and he says he’s not interested — Stewart doesn’t let him off the hook, he says his eyes say something different. In another interview recently Jackson said his fiancée Jeanie Buss thinks he can and would like him to coach again. And while it will ultimately be the physical grind that keeps him off the bench (in my opinion), you can see there is a part of him still tempted.
And that chair is way, way too small for him.
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 4
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 6
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 10
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27
- Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard have little dust up; Kobe calls Howard “soft” (VIDEO) 61