May 23, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has been virtually everywhere the last couple weeks selling his new book “Eleven Rings” but one of my favorite interviews so far is the one from last night with John Stewart on The Daily Show. And not because as a Knicks fan Stewart wants to know about those two rings.
It’s near the end of the interview, when Stewart asks him about coaching the Nets and he says he’s not interested — Stewart doesn’t let him off the hook, he says his eyes say something different. In another interview recently Jackson said his fiancée Jeanie Buss thinks he can and would like him to coach again. And while it will ultimately be the physical grind that keeps him off the bench (in my opinion), you can see there is a part of him still tempted.
And that chair is way, way too small for him.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7