May 23, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has been virtually everywhere the last couple weeks selling his new book “Eleven Rings” but one of my favorite interviews so far is the one from last night with John Stewart on The Daily Show. And not because as a Knicks fan Stewart wants to know about those two rings.
It’s near the end of the interview, when Stewart asks him about coaching the Nets and he says he’s not interested — Stewart doesn’t let him off the hook, he says his eyes say something different. In another interview recently Jackson said his fiancée Jeanie Buss thinks he can and would like him to coach again. And while it will ultimately be the physical grind that keeps him off the bench (in my opinion), you can see there is a part of him still tempted.
And that chair is way, way too small for him.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18