May 23, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has been virtually everywhere the last couple weeks selling his new book “Eleven Rings” but one of my favorite interviews so far is the one from last night with John Stewart on The Daily Show. And not because as a Knicks fan Stewart wants to know about those two rings.
It’s near the end of the interview, when Stewart asks him about coaching the Nets and he says he’s not interested — Stewart doesn’t let him off the hook, he says his eyes say something different. In another interview recently Jackson said his fiancée Jeanie Buss thinks he can and would like him to coach again. And while it will ultimately be the physical grind that keeps him off the bench (in my opinion), you can see there is a part of him still tempted.
And that chair is way, way too small for him.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8