May 22, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Knicks GM Glen Grunwald says after his exit meeting with Jason Kidd, he expects the veteran guard back for another year. I understand the groans, Knicks fans, but decision belongs to Kidd, he is under contract for next year.
• In case you missed it, Harvy Araton at the New York Times threw the blame for the Knicks troubles this season where it really belongs — at the feet of James Dolan.
• If you read one thing today, it should be this fantastic oral history of the 1988 Eastern Conference Finals Game 7 between the Hawks and Celtics, between Dominique Wilkins and Larry Bird.
• The Suns are starting the external candidate portion of their head coaching interview process with Rockets’ assistant J.B. Bickerstaff and Lakers assistant Steve Clifford. Don’t expect a quick process.
• Remember we told you Terrence Williams was arrested the other day on a gun charge related to a domestic disturbance with the mother of his child. Williams tweeted this about the incident.
A Million Stories Not One Thats TRUE…..Thanks To Those That Continue To Support Through Devil Testing Times…Those Thats Negative..THANKS—
Terrence Williams (@TheRealTWill) May 21, 2013
• Of the teams that are left, who are the ABC/ESPN network suits rooting for? Miami and San Antonio.
• Carl Bennett, one of the guys who helped make the NBA a reality, has passed away.
• Bradley Beal says he is still weeks away from basketball related activities. No rush, he’s got all summer.
• Look at two of the four teams left in the NBA playoffs — Memphis and Indiana — and you realize it may be more practical for a small market team to build a winner around defense. And more affordable.
• Does the way the NBA Draft Lottery is structured right now still encourage too much tanking?
• Chris Hansen congratulated Sacramento on keeping the Kings. Let’s just say some of the reactions out of Sacramento were not exactly those of graceful winners.
• Finally, all 272 three pointers Stephen Curry made this regular season. Enjoy going down that rabbit hole.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Apr 16, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
Kevin Durant was simply unstoppable with the game on the line against the Pistons.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The West is loaded with great series: Thunder vs. Grizzlies, Clippers vs. Warriors, Rockets vs. Blazers.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Vegas nailed the lines for season win totals for four NBA teams almost exactly.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT
The matchups aren’t all set, but this gives us an idea of who plays when as the playoffs open this weekend.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:48 PM EDT
Knicks make it official and announce they’ve signed Lamar Odom for the remainder of the season.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Durant and LeBron at the top of the MVP ballot is easy, it’s filling out spots 3-5 that is the challenge.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Kohl is going to pitch in $100 million to get a new arena built in Milwaukee.
Apr 16, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Teams will like his speed, but he’s destined for a second round pick.
Apr 16, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
While the Lakers end their dreary season Kobe Bryant is already on vacation.
Apr 16, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Clippers forward: ‘It doesn’t really affect me, but so many guys would probably benefit’
Apr 16, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
The Spurs have crushed the Grizzlies and Mavericks this season, so those teams are motivated to avoid a trip to the Riverwalk to start the postseason.
Apr 16, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
First team nearly a clean sweep, but one top teamer didn’t even make other two ballots
Apr 16, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
NBA could still rescind the technical
Apr 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
New research delivers answer
Apr 16, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
New York based hedge fund billionaires Marc Lasry and Wes Edens are buying the team but keeping it in Wisconsin, they just need to get a new arena built.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Two very different candidates signify wide search
Apr 16, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
Knicks center knows, though, he might have no choice
Apr 16, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
You can’t do enough Animal House references to make me happy.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Duo leaves Michigan after their sophomore years
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23