May 22, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Knicks GM Glen Grunwald says after his exit meeting with Jason Kidd, he expects the veteran guard back for another year. I understand the groans, Knicks fans, but decision belongs to Kidd, he is under contract for next year.
• In case you missed it, Harvy Araton at the New York Times threw the blame for the Knicks troubles this season where it really belongs — at the feet of James Dolan.
• If you read one thing today, it should be this fantastic oral history of the 1988 Eastern Conference Finals Game 7 between the Hawks and Celtics, between Dominique Wilkins and Larry Bird.
• The Suns are starting the external candidate portion of their head coaching interview process with Rockets’ assistant J.B. Bickerstaff and Lakers assistant Steve Clifford. Don’t expect a quick process.
• Remember we told you Terrence Williams was arrested the other day on a gun charge related to a domestic disturbance with the mother of his child. Williams tweeted this about the incident.
• Of the teams that are left, who are the ABC/ESPN network suits rooting for? Miami and San Antonio.
• Carl Bennett, one of the guys who helped make the NBA a reality, has passed away.
• Bradley Beal says he is still weeks away from basketball related activities. No rush, he’s got all summer.
• Look at two of the four teams left in the NBA playoffs — Memphis and Indiana — and you realize it may be more practical for a small market team to build a winner around defense. And more affordable.
• Does the way the NBA Draft Lottery is structured right now still encourage too much tanking?
• Chris Hansen congratulated Sacramento on keeping the Kings. Let’s just say some of the reactions out of Sacramento were not exactly those of graceful winners.
• Finally, all 272 three pointers Stephen Curry made this regular season. Enjoy going down that rabbit hole.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
No Robert Horry, no Igor Kokoskov
Sep 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Milwaukee will likely waive former Temple center before season
Sep 17, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Clippers rushed to upgrade from Hollins as backup center, the role Hollins will likely hold in Sacramento
Sep 17, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Sanchez played for St. John’s, Dominican Republic national team
Sep 17, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Miami also hires Chris Quinn promotes David Fizdale
Sep 17, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Asik and Davis could be one of the NBA’s best defensive front lines.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Brooklyn needs someone behind Brook Lopez and Mason Plumlee
Sep 17, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
This is a killer addition.
Sep 17, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Sep 17, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
Five games is the standard marijuana suspension, and you have to test positive three separate times to earn it.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
Jennings only shot 52 percent around the rim last year, maybe the muscle helps. Maybe.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is taller than Ellen DeGeneres, which leads to much humor. I guess.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
His veteran, playoff-tested presence will be big on this team.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:19 PM EDT
This is all we want to see out of the Timberwolves anyway.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
No. Just… no.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
Cousins has won over Team USA’s brain trust.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
There’s a lot of room for improvement, let’s just say.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Kyrie is going to have to adjust to a different role on the Cavs, but if he does watch out.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Rajon Rondo looms over everything – on and off the court
Sep 17, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
This is long overdue.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29