May 22, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Knicks GM Glen Grunwald says after his exit meeting with Jason Kidd, he expects the veteran guard back for another year. I understand the groans, Knicks fans, but decision belongs to Kidd, he is under contract for next year.
• In case you missed it, Harvy Araton at the New York Times threw the blame for the Knicks troubles this season where it really belongs — at the feet of James Dolan.
• If you read one thing today, it should be this fantastic oral history of the 1988 Eastern Conference Finals Game 7 between the Hawks and Celtics, between Dominique Wilkins and Larry Bird.
• The Suns are starting the external candidate portion of their head coaching interview process with Rockets’ assistant J.B. Bickerstaff and Lakers assistant Steve Clifford. Don’t expect a quick process.
• Remember we told you Terrence Williams was arrested the other day on a gun charge related to a domestic disturbance with the mother of his child. Williams tweeted this about the incident.
A Million Stories Not One Thats TRUE…..Thanks To Those That Continue To Support Through Devil Testing Times…Those Thats Negative..THANKS—
Terrence Williams (@TheRealTWill) May 21, 2013
• Of the teams that are left, who are the ABC/ESPN network suits rooting for? Miami and San Antonio.
• Carl Bennett, one of the guys who helped make the NBA a reality, has passed away.
• Bradley Beal says he is still weeks away from basketball related activities. No rush, he’s got all summer.
• Look at two of the four teams left in the NBA playoffs — Memphis and Indiana — and you realize it may be more practical for a small market team to build a winner around defense. And more affordable.
• Does the way the NBA Draft Lottery is structured right now still encourage too much tanking?
• Chris Hansen congratulated Sacramento on keeping the Kings. Let’s just say some of the reactions out of Sacramento were not exactly those of graceful winners.
• Finally, all 272 three pointers Stephen Curry made this regular season. Enjoy going down that rabbit hole.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 14
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43