May 22, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has plenty of business tattoos. He’s got ink, just not where it shows when wearing a basketball uniform. Somehow this shocked people, although if they saw the 25-year-old from accounting they think so highly of out on the weekend they’d find he has ink under his suit too. It’s a generational thing.
That incudes a new, massive religious tattoo on his back that has just been finished and was put on instagram by sniperjones35 (via Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie, the go to guy for players’ ink). You can see the image to the right.
The quote is from the Bible (as you might have guessed), James 1:2-4 specifically.
Except as Sarah Kogod pointed out (again via BDL), there seems to be a typo.
Look at the larger version of the tattoo below — the last line visible in the photo is supposed to say “Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” But it looks like “mature” is spelled wrong.
Which isn’t on KD and can be fixed… but that sucks.
And before you laugh at him, you may want to check on what that Chinese symbol you got actually means.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49