May 22, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Kevin Durant has plenty of business tattoos. He’s got ink, just not where it shows when wearing a basketball uniform. Somehow this shocked people, although if they saw the 25-year-old from accounting they think so highly of out on the weekend they’d find he has ink under his suit too. It’s a generational thing.
That incudes a new, massive religious tattoo on his back that has just been finished and was put on instagram by sniperjones35 (via Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie, the go to guy for players’ ink). You can see the image to the right.
The quote is from the Bible (as you might have guessed), James 1:2-4 specifically.
Except as Sarah Kogod pointed out (again via BDL), there seems to be a typo.
Look at the larger version of the tattoo below — the last line visible in the photo is supposed to say “Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” But it looks like “mature” is spelled wrong.
Which isn’t on KD and can be fixed… but that sucks.
And before you laugh at him, you may want to check on what that Chinese symbol you got actually means.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 10
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44