May 22, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has plenty of business tattoos. He’s got ink, just not where it shows when wearing a basketball uniform. Somehow this shocked people, although if they saw the 25-year-old from accounting they think so highly of out on the weekend they’d find he has ink under his suit too. It’s a generational thing.
That incudes a new, massive religious tattoo on his back that has just been finished and was put on instagram by sniperjones35 (via Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie, the go to guy for players’ ink). You can see the image to the right.
The quote is from the Bible (as you might have guessed), James 1:2-4 specifically.
Except as Sarah Kogod pointed out (again via BDL), there seems to be a typo.
Look at the larger version of the tattoo below — the last line visible in the photo is supposed to say “Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” But it looks like “mature” is spelled wrong.
Which isn’t on KD and can be fixed… but that sucks.
And before you laugh at him, you may want to check on what that Chinese symbol you got actually means.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1