May 22, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Kevin Durant has plenty of business tattoos. He’s got ink, just not where it shows when wearing a basketball uniform. Somehow this shocked people, although if they saw the 25-year-old from accounting they think so highly of out on the weekend they’d find he has ink under his suit too. It’s a generational thing.
That incudes a new, massive religious tattoo on his back that has just been finished and was put on instagram by sniperjones35 (via Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie, the go to guy for players’ ink). You can see the image to the right.
The quote is from the Bible (as you might have guessed), James 1:2-4 specifically.
Except as Sarah Kogod pointed out (again via BDL), there seems to be a typo.
Look at the larger version of the tattoo below — the last line visible in the photo is supposed to say “Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” But it looks like “mature” is spelled wrong.
Which isn’t on KD and can be fixed… but that sucks.
And before you laugh at him, you may want to check on what that Chinese symbol you got actually means.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)