May 22, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
Not that there was any real question after he played in Game 5 against the Bulls then had a week off to rest his bruised knee but now it is official:
Wade is key for Miami in this series (along with Chris Bosh) — Indiana’s defense is going to make life difficult for LeBron James (as much as any defense can right now), which means Wade needs to step up and take advantage of his matchups. He likely will have Lance Stephenson on him a lot of the time, and Wade can abuse him (or other smaller Pacer defenders) in the post. Wade is going to have a lot of defensive responsibilities off switches as well. He has to hold up fairly well.
That said, he has held up so far this playoffs and is now coming off a week’s rest. Don’t think we need to worry about him.
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 0
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 21
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10