May 22, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
Not that there was any real question after he played in Game 5 against the Bulls then had a week off to rest his bruised knee but now it is official:
Wade is key for Miami in this series (along with Chris Bosh) — Indiana’s defense is going to make life difficult for LeBron James (as much as any defense can right now), which means Wade needs to step up and take advantage of his matchups. He likely will have Lance Stephenson on him a lot of the time, and Wade can abuse him (or other smaller Pacer defenders) in the post. Wade is going to have a lot of defensive responsibilities off switches as well. He has to hold up fairly well.
That said, he has held up so far this playoffs and is now coming off a week’s rest. Don’t think we need to worry about him.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14