May 22, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
Not that there was any real question after he played in Game 5 against the Bulls then had a week off to rest his bruised knee but now it is official:
Wade is key for Miami in this series (along with Chris Bosh) — Indiana’s defense is going to make life difficult for LeBron James (as much as any defense can right now), which means Wade needs to step up and take advantage of his matchups. He likely will have Lance Stephenson on him a lot of the time, and Wade can abuse him (or other smaller Pacer defenders) in the post. Wade is going to have a lot of defensive responsibilities off switches as well. He has to hold up fairly well.
That said, he has held up so far this playoffs and is now coming off a week’s rest. Don’t think we need to worry about him.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34