May 22, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
Not that there was any real question after he played in Game 5 against the Bulls then had a week off to rest his bruised knee but now it is official:
Wade is key for Miami in this series (along with Chris Bosh) — Indiana’s defense is going to make life difficult for LeBron James (as much as any defense can right now), which means Wade needs to step up and take advantage of his matchups. He likely will have Lance Stephenson on him a lot of the time, and Wade can abuse him (or other smaller Pacer defenders) in the post. Wade is going to have a lot of defensive responsibilities off switches as well. He has to hold up fairly well.
That said, he has held up so far this playoffs and is now coming off a week’s rest. Don’t think we need to worry about him.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27