May 22, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
Not that there was any real question after he played in Game 5 against the Bulls then had a week off to rest his bruised knee but now it is official:
Wade is key for Miami in this series (along with Chris Bosh) — Indiana’s defense is going to make life difficult for LeBron James (as much as any defense can right now), which means Wade needs to step up and take advantage of his matchups. He likely will have Lance Stephenson on him a lot of the time, and Wade can abuse him (or other smaller Pacer defenders) in the post. Wade is going to have a lot of defensive responsibilities off switches as well. He has to hold up fairly well.
That said, he has held up so far this playoffs and is now coming off a week’s rest. Don’t think we need to worry about him.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 3
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 11
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 25
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20