May 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
This isn’t about Grizzlies’ fans or Spurs’ fans. This is about every city having a few complete idiots.
The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after someone dialed 9-1-1 threatening Tony Parker’s life before the end of Sunday’s Western Conference Finals game against the Grizzlies….
“We received a call from San Antonio Police that there was a potential threat against Mister Parker,” stated Berry….
“We immediately increased security both inside the AT&T Center and outside the AT&T Center,” added Berry.
The call came from a payphone. We all know most likely the call came from a drunken gambler who lost a lot of money because Tony Parker was carving up the Grizzlies defense like a surgeon in Game 1.
But police have to take these things seriously.
I could go on a rant about it just being a game and not to take the outcome too seriously, but all of you know all that already. You know death threats are not ever funny. But apparently somebody is either stupid enough not to get that or crazy enough to actually want to harm Parker. So here we are.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 4
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 12
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30