May 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
This isn’t about Grizzlies’ fans or Spurs’ fans. This is about every city having a few complete idiots.
The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after someone dialed 9-1-1 threatening Tony Parker’s life before the end of Sunday’s Western Conference Finals game against the Grizzlies….
“We received a call from San Antonio Police that there was a potential threat against Mister Parker,” stated Berry….
“We immediately increased security both inside the AT&T Center and outside the AT&T Center,” added Berry.
The call came from a payphone. We all know most likely the call came from a drunken gambler who lost a lot of money because Tony Parker was carving up the Grizzlies defense like a surgeon in Game 1.
But police have to take these things seriously.
I could go on a rant about it just being a game and not to take the outcome too seriously, but all of you know all that already. You know death threats are not ever funny. But apparently somebody is either stupid enough not to get that or crazy enough to actually want to harm Parker. So here we are.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4