May 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
This isn’t about Grizzlies’ fans or Spurs’ fans. This is about every city having a few complete idiots.
The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after someone dialed 9-1-1 threatening Tony Parker’s life before the end of Sunday’s Western Conference Finals game against the Grizzlies….
“We received a call from San Antonio Police that there was a potential threat against Mister Parker,” stated Berry….
“We immediately increased security both inside the AT&T Center and outside the AT&T Center,” added Berry.
The call came from a payphone. We all know most likely the call came from a drunken gambler who lost a lot of money because Tony Parker was carving up the Grizzlies defense like a surgeon in Game 1.
But police have to take these things seriously.
I could go on a rant about it just being a game and not to take the outcome too seriously, but all of you know all that already. You know death threats are not ever funny. But apparently somebody is either stupid enough not to get that or crazy enough to actually want to harm Parker. So here we are.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 0
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17