May 21, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
Phil Jackson was on the Dan Patrick show Tuesday — Jackson’s new book “11 Rings” is on sale as of today — and sat down for a long interview. I mean long — this is nearly 30 minutes, so you should only listen to this at work and not spend your valuable personal time on it.
In that time they cover a lot of topics, including a rehash of the situation with the Lakers at the start of the season — Jackson said he thought he was offered the job, but he also said he thought this roster could get out of the West but very possibly not beat the Heat. And he didn’t want to lose in the finals again.
Jackson also talks about the Kobe Bryant vs. Michael Jordan comments that blew up online — Jackson was surprised it became an issue and added he said a lot of nice things about both players. Of course, we don’t like the nice stuff as much.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16