May 21, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
Phil Jackson was on the Dan Patrick show Tuesday — Jackson’s new book “11 Rings” is on sale as of today — and sat down for a long interview. I mean long — this is nearly 30 minutes, so you should only listen to this at work and not spend your valuable personal time on it.
In that time they cover a lot of topics, including a rehash of the situation with the Lakers at the start of the season — Jackson said he thought he was offered the job, but he also said he thought this roster could get out of the West but very possibly not beat the Heat. And he didn’t want to lose in the finals again.
Jackson also talks about the Kobe Bryant vs. Michael Jordan comments that blew up online — Jackson was surprised it became an issue and added he said a lot of nice things about both players. Of course, we don’t like the nice stuff as much.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17