May 21, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
Phil Jackson was on the Dan Patrick show Tuesday — Jackson’s new book “11 Rings” is on sale as of today — and sat down for a long interview. I mean long — this is nearly 30 minutes, so you should only listen to this at work and not spend your valuable personal time on it.
In that time they cover a lot of topics, including a rehash of the situation with the Lakers at the start of the season — Jackson said he thought he was offered the job, but he also said he thought this roster could get out of the West but very possibly not beat the Heat. And he didn’t want to lose in the finals again.
Jackson also talks about the Kobe Bryant vs. Michael Jordan comments that blew up online — Jackson was surprised it became an issue and added he said a lot of nice things about both players. Of course, we don’t like the nice stuff as much.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 10
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 84
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4