May 21, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
Phil Jackson was on the Dan Patrick show Tuesday — Jackson’s new book “11 Rings” is on sale as of today — and sat down for a long interview. I mean long — this is nearly 30 minutes, so you should only listen to this at work and not spend your valuable personal time on it.
In that time they cover a lot of topics, including a rehash of the situation with the Lakers at the start of the season — Jackson said he thought he was offered the job, but he also said he thought this roster could get out of the West but very possibly not beat the Heat. And he didn’t want to lose in the finals again.
Jackson also talks about the Kobe Bryant vs. Michael Jordan comments that blew up online — Jackson was surprised it became an issue and added he said a lot of nice things about both players. Of course, we don’t like the nice stuff as much.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16