May 21, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
Phil Jackson was on the Dan Patrick show Tuesday — Jackson’s new book “11 Rings” is on sale as of today — and sat down for a long interview. I mean long — this is nearly 30 minutes, so you should only listen to this at work and not spend your valuable personal time on it.
In that time they cover a lot of topics, including a rehash of the situation with the Lakers at the start of the season — Jackson said he thought he was offered the job, but he also said he thought this roster could get out of the West but very possibly not beat the Heat. And he didn’t want to lose in the finals again.
Jackson also talks about the Kobe Bryant vs. Michael Jordan comments that blew up online — Jackson was surprised it became an issue and added he said a lot of nice things about both players. Of course, we don’t like the nice stuff as much.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 0
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 15
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7