May 21, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
That sequence — seven missed shots inside five feet in a row — pretty much sums up the first half for Memphis.
Tony Allen has his shot rejected blocked. But he got the ball back then missed a bunny. Zach Randolph came in and missed a tip in (he was 1-of-10 shooting in the first half). Randolph got it back again and missed again. Then he missed a little reverse. Tony Wroten got into the action and missed a putback and, to cap it all off, another chippy.
Then Tony Allen picked up the frustration foul on Tim Duncan.
The Grizzlies shot 26 percent in the first half, were down 15 and were in a world of hurt. That just pretty much summed it up.
Hat tip to Royce Young and Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14