May 21, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
That sequence — seven missed shots inside five feet in a row — pretty much sums up the first half for Memphis.
Tony Allen has his shot rejected blocked. But he got the ball back then missed a bunny. Zach Randolph came in and missed a tip in (he was 1-of-10 shooting in the first half). Randolph got it back again and missed again. Then he missed a little reverse. Tony Wroten got into the action and missed a putback and, to cap it all off, another chippy.
Then Tony Allen picked up the frustration foul on Tim Duncan.
The Grizzlies shot 26 percent in the first half, were down 15 and were in a world of hurt. That just pretty much summed it up.
Hat tip to Royce Young and Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9