May 21, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
That sequence — seven missed shots inside five feet in a row — pretty much sums up the first half for Memphis.
Tony Allen has his shot rejected blocked. But he got the ball back then missed a bunny. Zach Randolph came in and missed a tip in (he was 1-of-10 shooting in the first half). Randolph got it back again and missed again. Then he missed a little reverse. Tony Wroten got into the action and missed a putback and, to cap it all off, another chippy.
Then Tony Allen picked up the frustration foul on Tim Duncan.
The Grizzlies shot 26 percent in the first half, were down 15 and were in a world of hurt. That just pretty much summed it up.
Hat tip to Royce Young and Eye on Basketball for the video.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8