May 21, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
That sequence — seven missed shots inside five feet in a row — pretty much sums up the first half for Memphis.
Tony Allen has his shot rejected blocked. But he got the ball back then missed a bunny. Zach Randolph came in and missed a tip in (he was 1-of-10 shooting in the first half). Randolph got it back again and missed again. Then he missed a little reverse. Tony Wroten got into the action and missed a putback and, to cap it all off, another chippy.
Then Tony Allen picked up the frustration foul on Tim Duncan.
The Grizzlies shot 26 percent in the first half, were down 15 and were in a world of hurt. That just pretty much summed it up.
Hat tip to Royce Young and Eye on Basketball for the video.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8