May 21, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
That sequence — seven missed shots inside five feet in a row — pretty much sums up the first half for Memphis.
Tony Allen has his shot rejected blocked. But he got the ball back then missed a bunny. Zach Randolph came in and missed a tip in (he was 1-of-10 shooting in the first half). Randolph got it back again and missed again. Then he missed a little reverse. Tony Wroten got into the action and missed a putback and, to cap it all off, another chippy.
Then Tony Allen picked up the frustration foul on Tim Duncan.
The Grizzlies shot 26 percent in the first half, were down 15 and were in a world of hurt. That just pretty much summed it up.
Hat tip to Royce Young and Eye on Basketball for the video.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 4
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 33
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 35