May 20, 2013, 7:58 AM EST
Veteran NBA swingman Terrence Williams, who played last season with the Celtics, was arrested Sunday, according to multiple reports.
The charges stem from a domestic violence dispute in Kent, Washington (a city between Seattle and Tacoma that is part of the metropolitan area near where he grew up), according to the Kent Reporter.
The victim reported that the father of her 10-year-old son in common, identified as NBA basketball player Terrence D. Williams, arrived to her home for a scheduled visitation exchange of their son. She said during the exchange in the parking lot area an argument ensued. The victim reported that during the argument Williams brandished a firearm and made threats.
Williams left the area prior to police arrival, but was later located and taken into custody.
Williams was in police custody as of Sunday night, according to tweets from Chris Daniels of KING TV. The investigation is ongoing but police are booking him, Daniels reports.
Williams is currently under contract to the Boston Celtics for next season, however that is not guaranteed if he is waived before July 1, and only partially guaranteed if waived before Oct. 31. He joined the Celtics on a 10-day contract in February, stayed with them the rest of the season and actually caused some problems for the Knicks during their first round series against Boston.
Williams has played in four NBA seasons after the Nets took him with the No. 11 pick back in 2009 out of Louisville.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 10
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 26
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 13
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15