May 20, 2013, 1:26 AM EDT
I’m not sure about some of you.
Did you really think Kobe Bryant was going to allow the last image of him on an NBA court to be that of him limping off after his Achilles injury? Does that seem like him? At all?
Yet, when Kobe said he was going to make a major announcement on his Facebook page this weekend twitter and other corners of the online world became hot with the rumor he was going to retire. Because stupid rumors catch fire on twitter sometimes.
So, Kobe himself shot it down.
The big announcement? An event in Los Angeles this August called “Kobe Up Close” to raise money for he and his wife’s foundation, which is focused on homelessness issues. A good cause.
People, Kobe is going to be back next season. Whether he plays beyond that (his contract is up after next season) depends on a whole lot of factors, but you can bet Kobe is not going to let the last image of him on the court be the one you have in your mind.
Now, let’s move on to real issues.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 41
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3