May 20, 2013, 1:26 AM EST
I’m not sure about some of you.
Did you really think Kobe Bryant was going to allow the last image of him on an NBA court to be that of him limping off after his Achilles injury? Does that seem like him? At all?
Yet, when Kobe said he was going to make a major announcement on his Facebook page this weekend twitter and other corners of the online world became hot with the rumor he was going to retire. Because stupid rumors catch fire on twitter sometimes.
So, Kobe himself shot it down.
The big announcement? An event in Los Angeles this August called “Kobe Up Close” to raise money for he and his wife’s foundation, which is focused on homelessness issues. A good cause.
People, Kobe is going to be back next season. Whether he plays beyond that (his contract is up after next season) depends on a whole lot of factors, but you can bet Kobe is not going to let the last image of him on the court be the one you have in your mind.
Now, let’s move on to real issues.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30