May 20, 2013, 1:26 AM EST
I’m not sure about some of you.
Did you really think Kobe Bryant was going to allow the last image of him on an NBA court to be that of him limping off after his Achilles injury? Does that seem like him? At all?
Yet, when Kobe said he was going to make a major announcement on his Facebook page this weekend twitter and other corners of the online world became hot with the rumor he was going to retire. Because stupid rumors catch fire on twitter sometimes.
So, Kobe himself shot it down.
The big announcement? An event in Los Angeles this August called “Kobe Up Close” to raise money for he and his wife’s foundation, which is focused on homelessness issues. A good cause.
People, Kobe is going to be back next season. Whether he plays beyond that (his contract is up after next season) depends on a whole lot of factors, but you can bet Kobe is not going to let the last image of him on the court be the one you have in your mind.
Now, let’s move on to real issues.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13