May 20, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
If you’re like me, you have been transfixed by the tragic events that have unfolded around Oklahoma City on Monday, where a monster tornado has left death and devastation in its wake. The pictures out of schools in that city are heart wrenching.
The thoughts of all of us here at PBT are with the people of OKC and those that have lost love ones.
While the season ended and most of the Thunder players have left town on vacation or to go to where they live in the offseason, you could see on twitter that they were watching and thinking of Oklahoma City, too.
As you would expect, Kevin Durant was one of the first.
Durant then followed that tweet by donating $1 million to the American Red Cross, according to Red Cross Oklahoma.
The official twitter handle of the Thunder has been sending out updates and news as well all Monday.
The Thunder are off for a while, but sports can be something for a community to rally around and hopefully come next fall the Thunder can provide that for Oklahoma City.
One of the best NBA bloggers out there is from OKC, Royce Young of Daily Thunder. And his tweet summed up the spirit of the city well.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 11
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 18
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30