May 20, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
If you’re like me, you have been transfixed by the tragic events that have unfolded around Oklahoma City on Monday, where a monster tornado has left death and devastation in its wake. The pictures out of schools in that city are heart wrenching.
The thoughts of all of us here at PBT are with the people of OKC and those that have lost love ones.
While the season ended and most of the Thunder players have left town on vacation or to go to where they live in the offseason, you could see on twitter that they were watching and thinking of Oklahoma City, too.
As you would expect, Kevin Durant was one of the first.
Durant then followed that tweet by donating $1 million to the American Red Cross, according to Red Cross Oklahoma.
The official twitter handle of the Thunder has been sending out updates and news as well all Monday.
The Thunder are off for a while, but sports can be something for a community to rally around and hopefully come next fall the Thunder can provide that for Oklahoma City.
One of the best NBA bloggers out there is from OKC, Royce Young of Daily Thunder. And his tweet summed up the spirit of the city well.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 6
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 11
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7