May 20, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The video above was a reminder to Alonzo Mourning that there is no privacy anymore. Not anywhere. (And if you think Jordan’s legacy would be the same in today’s world of cell phone video and 24-hour news/blog cycle as it was in his era… you should ask Steve Kerr about that rock show on the road.)
Mourning was speaking at the opening of a Microsoft store in Miami and got asked the inevitable “LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan” question. Now, remember that Mourning is a member of the Heat organization — he has a dog in this fight. His money quote:
“I’m gonna tell you what Scottie said. Scottie said that LeBron would kick MJ’s ass. And I said, ‘Scottie, you’re right.’”
Way to throw Pippen under that bus, Alonzo.
Have at this in the comments.
All I will state is what I have said about LeBron since the poorly-handled decision — it is too early to judge his ultimate legacy. The man is 28 and in his prime, talk to me in 7-10 years then we can start to put some perspective his body of work.
One other note to the MJ defenders out there (as if he needs defending): Spare me the “he never lost in the finals” argument. Yes, he never lost in the finals because the Pistons handed him his ass in the Eastern Conference three straight years. Everyone has to learn how to win at the NBA level (Magic Johnson being the exception to the rule), MJ just couldn’t get his team to the finals and learn on that stage, he lost in earlier rounds and learned there. That doesn’t make him less or more of a player, just don’t pretend he sprung fully formed from the sea foam like Aphrodite.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7