May 20, 2013, 11:52 AM EST
The video above was a reminder to Alonzo Mourning that there is no privacy anymore. Not anywhere. (And if you think Jordan’s legacy would be the same in today’s world of cell phone video and 24-hour news/blog cycle as it was in his era… you should ask Steve Kerr about that rock show on the road.)
Mourning was speaking at the opening of a Microsoft store in Miami and got asked the inevitable “LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan” question. Now, remember that Mourning is a member of the Heat organization — he has a dog in this fight. His money quote:
“I’m gonna tell you what Scottie said. Scottie said that LeBron would kick MJ’s ass. And I said, ‘Scottie, you’re right.’”
Way to throw Pippen under that bus, Alonzo.
Have at this in the comments.
All I will state is what I have said about LeBron since the poorly-handled decision — it is too early to judge his ultimate legacy. The man is 28 and in his prime, talk to me in 7-10 years then we can start to put some perspective his body of work.
One other note to the MJ defenders out there (as if he needs defending): Spare me the “he never lost in the finals” argument. Yes, he never lost in the finals because the Pistons handed him his ass in the Eastern Conference three straight years. Everyone has to learn how to win at the NBA level (Magic Johnson being the exception to the rule), MJ just couldn’t get his team to the finals and learn on that stage, he lost in earlier rounds and learned there. That doesn’t make him less or more of a player, just don’t pretend he sprung fully formed from the sea foam like Aphrodite.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12