May 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
To quote the great Wayne Gretzky, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Nicole Muxo took a shot.
The high school senior at Archbishop Coleman Carroll put a video on YouTube asking Dwyane Wade to be her date for her senior prom.
Friday night, he showed up, reports NBCMiami.com.
Muxo, who attends Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School in West Kendall, had told NBC 6 South Florida she asked out Wade because he’s her favorite player and because he’s a positive role model for a lot of people.
Wade did not wear one of his frightening jackets, but rather looked fashionable in a tux and took pictures with Muxo and her friends. He did not go the full Andrew Bynum — there were no images of him dancing on his bad knee. Of course, the Heat are off until next Wednesday, so he had some time to recover from his night out, which he tweeted about.
I like this story. We’re going to assume Wade cleared this with girlfriend Gabrielle Union, first. That or he better have a comfortable couch to sleep on.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6