May 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
To quote the great Wayne Gretzky, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Nicole Muxo took a shot.
The high school senior at Archbishop Coleman Carroll put a video on YouTube asking Dwyane Wade to be her date for her senior prom.
Friday night, he showed up, reports NBCMiami.com.
Muxo, who attends Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School in West Kendall, had told NBC 6 South Florida she asked out Wade because he’s her favorite player and because he’s a positive role model for a lot of people.
Wade did not wear one of his frightening jackets, but rather looked fashionable in a tux and took pictures with Muxo and her friends. He did not go the full Andrew Bynum — there were no images of him dancing on his bad knee. Of course, the Heat are off until next Wednesday, so he had some time to recover from his night out, which he tweeted about.
I like this story. We’re going to assume Wade cleared this with girlfriend Gabrielle Union, first. That or he better have a comfortable couch to sleep on.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4