May 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
To quote the great Wayne Gretzky, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Nicole Muxo took a shot.
The high school senior at Archbishop Coleman Carroll put a video on YouTube asking Dwyane Wade to be her date for her senior prom.
Friday night, he showed up, reports NBCMiami.com.
Muxo, who attends Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School in West Kendall, had told NBC 6 South Florida she asked out Wade because he’s her favorite player and because he’s a positive role model for a lot of people.
Wade did not wear one of his frightening jackets, but rather looked fashionable in a tux and took pictures with Muxo and her friends. He did not go the full Andrew Bynum — there were no images of him dancing on his bad knee. Of course, the Heat are off until next Wednesday, so he had some time to recover from his night out, which he tweeted about.
I like this story. We’re going to assume Wade cleared this with girlfriend Gabrielle Union, first. That or he better have a comfortable couch to sleep on.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15