May 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
To quote the great Wayne Gretzky, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Nicole Muxo took a shot.
The high school senior at Archbishop Coleman Carroll put a video on YouTube asking Dwyane Wade to be her date for her senior prom.
Friday night, he showed up, reports NBCMiami.com.
Muxo, who attends Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School in West Kendall, had told NBC 6 South Florida she asked out Wade because he’s her favorite player and because he’s a positive role model for a lot of people.
Wade did not wear one of his frightening jackets, but rather looked fashionable in a tux and took pictures with Muxo and her friends. He did not go the full Andrew Bynum — there were no images of him dancing on his bad knee. Of course, the Heat are off until next Wednesday, so he had some time to recover from his night out, which he tweeted about.
I like this story. We’re going to assume Wade cleared this with girlfriend Gabrielle Union, first. That or he better have a comfortable couch to sleep on.
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 0
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 8
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)