May 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
To quote the great Wayne Gretzky, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Nicole Muxo took a shot.
The high school senior at Archbishop Coleman Carroll put a video on YouTube asking Dwyane Wade to be her date for her senior prom.
Friday night, he showed up, reports NBCMiami.com.
Muxo, who attends Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School in West Kendall, had told NBC 6 South Florida she asked out Wade because he’s her favorite player and because he’s a positive role model for a lot of people.
Wade did not wear one of his frightening jackets, but rather looked fashionable in a tux and took pictures with Muxo and her friends. He did not go the full Andrew Bynum — there were no images of him dancing on his bad knee. Of course, the Heat are off until next Wednesday, so he had some time to recover from his night out, which he tweeted about.
I like this story. We’re going to assume Wade cleared this with girlfriend Gabrielle Union, first. That or he better have a comfortable couch to sleep on.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13