May 18, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Damian Lillard is getting special edition shoes from adidas to honor his Rookie of the Year campaign with the Blazers. As with all commemorative releases, it’s the small design details that make them something worth coveting.
From the official release:
“The shoe’s sockliners feature Damian’s Twitter handle, an Oakland satellite print and “9800s” to represent his neighborhood blocks. The colors of the shoe pay homage to his career; red for high school, purple for college and black for the Portland Trail Blazers. The animal print on the upper and sockliner represent the Wildcat mascot he had in both high school and college. The shoe features “Townbiz” on the upper as another nod to Oakland and clasped hands to represent the “Fly Guyz” – Damian’s name for his close circle of friends.
“Only 510 pairs of this limited edition will available on May 23 for $120 at Compound (Portland, Ore), Shoe Palace (Oakland, Calif.) and adidas.com. Fans can pre-order a pair today at adidas.com or join Damian at Compound on May 23 between 6:00pm and 7:00pm for the official launch and a chance to meet the Rookie of the Year and get an autograph.”
Check out the photos below and let us know if you’ll try to cop a pair in the comments.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8