May 17, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
That hurts to watch.
Golden State’s rookie Harrison Barnes was coming from the weak side to contest a Boris Diaw shot, Barnes leapt and Diaw decided to go under for the reverse. It wasn’t intentional, but the end result was Diaw undercut Barnes, took his legs out, and Barnes face planted on the hardwood. He left under his own power but looking dazed and with the team trainer holding gauze to his head.
Barnes needed six stitches, but he came back to play the entire third quarter. Which seemed a surprise but clearly the adrenaline kicked in and the team medical staff thought he was fine.
Then he came out in the fourth and was back in the locker room, not to return to the game due to a “headache.” Which means it was a concussion. Not sure how he passed the concussion test the team gave him at first, but the injury is not a surprise when you see the video.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14