May 17, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
That hurts to watch.
Golden State’s rookie Harrison Barnes was coming from the weak side to contest a Boris Diaw shot, Barnes leapt and Diaw decided to go under for the reverse. It wasn’t intentional, but the end result was Diaw undercut Barnes, took his legs out, and Barnes face planted on the hardwood. He left under his own power but looking dazed and with the team trainer holding gauze to his head.
Barnes needed six stitches, but he came back to play the entire third quarter. Which seemed a surprise but clearly the adrenaline kicked in and the team medical staff thought he was fine.
Then he came out in the fourth and was back in the locker room, not to return to the game due to a “headache.” Which means it was a concussion. Not sure how he passed the concussion test the team gave him at first, but the injury is not a surprise when you see the video.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 3
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 37
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 16
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52