May 17, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
That hurts to watch.
Golden State’s rookie Harrison Barnes was coming from the weak side to contest a Boris Diaw shot, Barnes leapt and Diaw decided to go under for the reverse. It wasn’t intentional, but the end result was Diaw undercut Barnes, took his legs out, and Barnes face planted on the hardwood. He left under his own power but looking dazed and with the team trainer holding gauze to his head.
Barnes needed six stitches, but he came back to play the entire third quarter. Which seemed a surprise but clearly the adrenaline kicked in and the team medical staff thought he was fine.
Then he came out in the fourth and was back in the locker room, not to return to the game due to a “headache.” Which means it was a concussion. Not sure how he passed the concussion test the team gave him at first, but the injury is not a surprise when you see the video.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30