May 17, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
There was a great moment in Golden State after the Spurs had eliminated the Golden State Warriors from the playoffs.
As the game was winding down the fans had stayed and chanted — this is a passionate fan base long starved for much to cheer about. So the players came back out of the tunnel and thanked the fans. Jarrett Jack was high-fiving people, everyone was out there applauding, and Stephen Curry spoke.
The Warriors are a young team on the rise. That can be fragile, a lot of things can go wrong, but this was the best Warriors season in decades and it happened with a young team that should improve in the coming years. This was a touching scene.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17