May 17, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
There was a great moment in Golden State after the Spurs had eliminated the Golden State Warriors from the playoffs.
As the game was winding down the fans had stayed and chanted — this is a passionate fan base long starved for much to cheer about. So the players came back out of the tunnel and thanked the fans. Jarrett Jack was high-fiving people, everyone was out there applauding, and Stephen Curry spoke.
The Warriors are a young team on the rise. That can be fragile, a lot of things can go wrong, but this was the best Warriors season in decades and it happened with a young team that should improve in the coming years. This was a touching scene.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 32
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0