May 17, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
There was a great moment in Golden State after the Spurs had eliminated the Golden State Warriors from the playoffs.
As the game was winding down the fans had stayed and chanted — this is a passionate fan base long starved for much to cheer about. So the players came back out of the tunnel and thanked the fans. Jarrett Jack was high-fiving people, everyone was out there applauding, and Stephen Curry spoke.
The Warriors are a young team on the rise. That can be fragile, a lot of things can go wrong, but this was the best Warriors season in decades and it happened with a young team that should improve in the coming years. This was a touching scene.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14