May 17, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
There was a great moment in Golden State after the Spurs had eliminated the Golden State Warriors from the playoffs.
As the game was winding down the fans had stayed and chanted — this is a passionate fan base long starved for much to cheer about. So the players came back out of the tunnel and thanked the fans. Jarrett Jack was high-fiving people, everyone was out there applauding, and Stephen Curry spoke.
The Warriors are a young team on the rise. That can be fragile, a lot of things can go wrong, but this was the best Warriors season in decades and it happened with a young team that should improve in the coming years. This was a touching scene.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33