May 17, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
There was a great moment in Golden State after the Spurs had eliminated the Golden State Warriors from the playoffs.
As the game was winding down the fans had stayed and chanted — this is a passionate fan base long starved for much to cheer about. So the players came back out of the tunnel and thanked the fans. Jarrett Jack was high-fiving people, everyone was out there applauding, and Stephen Curry spoke.
The Warriors are a young team on the rise. That can be fragile, a lot of things can go wrong, but this was the best Warriors season in decades and it happened with a young team that should improve in the coming years. This was a touching scene.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29