May 17, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
I didn’t know it could grow a lot more after J.J. Redick said he didn’t speak to his own coach during the playoffs, but I guess the sentiment he is gone from the Bucks has indeed grown.
Redick is a free agent this summer that the Bucks would like to keep but has a lot of options. And he likes those options more, according to a note in the Journal-Times.
There is growing sentiment Bucks backup guard J.J. Redick, who is an unrestricted free agent, will sign with another team in July.
Like I said, that sentiment was already pretty big.
Redick did not mesh well on the court with Brandon Jennings, the restricted free agent the Bucks are expected to bring back — they were -10 per 48 minutes when on the court together this season. That’s not exactly motivation for Redick’s return either.
The Bucks need to hire a coach and figure out a direction for the team, then hope that interests Redick. The Bucks have questions about Monta Ellis (an unrestricted free agent also) but everything has to start with a coach and a style for the team, rather than just the collection of players they were.
Even then, smart money says Redick is gone.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 3
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 5
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25