May 17, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
I didn’t know it could grow a lot more after J.J. Redick said he didn’t speak to his own coach during the playoffs, but I guess the sentiment he is gone from the Bucks has indeed grown.
Redick is a free agent this summer that the Bucks would like to keep but has a lot of options. And he likes those options more, according to a note in the Journal-Times.
There is growing sentiment Bucks backup guard J.J. Redick, who is an unrestricted free agent, will sign with another team in July.
Like I said, that sentiment was already pretty big.
Redick did not mesh well on the court with Brandon Jennings, the restricted free agent the Bucks are expected to bring back — they were -10 per 48 minutes when on the court together this season. That’s not exactly motivation for Redick’s return either.
The Bucks need to hire a coach and figure out a direction for the team, then hope that interests Redick. The Bucks have questions about Monta Ellis (an unrestricted free agent also) but everything has to start with a coach and a style for the team, rather than just the collection of players they were.
Even then, smart money says Redick is gone.
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23