May 17, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
I didn’t know it could grow a lot more after J.J. Redick said he didn’t speak to his own coach during the playoffs, but I guess the sentiment he is gone from the Bucks has indeed grown.
Redick is a free agent this summer that the Bucks would like to keep but has a lot of options. And he likes those options more, according to a note in the Journal-Times.
There is growing sentiment Bucks backup guard J.J. Redick, who is an unrestricted free agent, will sign with another team in July.
Like I said, that sentiment was already pretty big.
Redick did not mesh well on the court with Brandon Jennings, the restricted free agent the Bucks are expected to bring back — they were -10 per 48 minutes when on the court together this season. That’s not exactly motivation for Redick’s return either.
The Bucks need to hire a coach and figure out a direction for the team, then hope that interests Redick. The Bucks have questions about Monta Ellis (an unrestricted free agent also) but everything has to start with a coach and a style for the team, rather than just the collection of players they were.
Even then, smart money says Redick is gone.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11