May 17, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
I didn’t know it could grow a lot more after J.J. Redick said he didn’t speak to his own coach during the playoffs, but I guess the sentiment he is gone from the Bucks has indeed grown.
Redick is a free agent this summer that the Bucks would like to keep but has a lot of options. And he likes those options more, according to a note in the Journal-Times.
There is growing sentiment Bucks backup guard J.J. Redick, who is an unrestricted free agent, will sign with another team in July.
Like I said, that sentiment was already pretty big.
Redick did not mesh well on the court with Brandon Jennings, the restricted free agent the Bucks are expected to bring back — they were -10 per 48 minutes when on the court together this season. That’s not exactly motivation for Redick’s return either.
The Bucks need to hire a coach and figure out a direction for the team, then hope that interests Redick. The Bucks have questions about Monta Ellis (an unrestricted free agent also) but everything has to start with a coach and a style for the team, rather than just the collection of players they were.
Even then, smart money says Redick is gone.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7