May 17, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
I didn’t know it could grow a lot more after J.J. Redick said he didn’t speak to his own coach during the playoffs, but I guess the sentiment he is gone from the Bucks has indeed grown.
Redick is a free agent this summer that the Bucks would like to keep but has a lot of options. And he likes those options more, according to a note in the Journal-Times.
There is growing sentiment Bucks backup guard J.J. Redick, who is an unrestricted free agent, will sign with another team in July.
Like I said, that sentiment was already pretty big.
Redick did not mesh well on the court with Brandon Jennings, the restricted free agent the Bucks are expected to bring back — they were -10 per 48 minutes when on the court together this season. That’s not exactly motivation for Redick’s return either.
The Bucks need to hire a coach and figure out a direction for the team, then hope that interests Redick. The Bucks have questions about Monta Ellis (an unrestricted free agent also) but everything has to start with a coach and a style for the team, rather than just the collection of players they were.
Even then, smart money says Redick is gone.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 1
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11