May 17, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has a book to sell — “11 Rings” out May 21 (so he doesn’t count the two as a player with the Knicks?) — so you’re going to see a lot of him in your media space ver the next few weeks. The man knows how to be a salesman.
As part of that he went on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Thursday and talked about the book, about the Lakers with Mike D’Antoni and the fit there (he doesn’t see it, either), how he doesn’t really want to coach, plus how Shaq once came to practice naked… and another Shaq story.
Plus there was this amusing open with Adam Sandler….
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 21
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 13
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 28