May 17, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
My first thought when I heard it was “wish I was playing poker against him.” But the line caught on to describe the them, and it’s now the chorus of a new anthem for the team from rapper Drumma Boy and Three 6 Mafia co-founder DJ Paul.
As my man Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog points out, there is a great double meaning here because Memphis is nicknamed The Bluff City (because it sits on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River).
Frankly, this is great. I like it. And if Memphis can get past the Spurs to the finals, we are all going to be hearing this a lot.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31