May 17, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
My first thought when I heard it was “wish I was playing poker against him.” But the line caught on to describe the them, and it’s now the chorus of a new anthem for the team from rapper Drumma Boy and Three 6 Mafia co-founder DJ Paul.
As my man Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog points out, there is a great double meaning here because Memphis is nicknamed The Bluff City (because it sits on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River).
Frankly, this is great. I like it. And if Memphis can get past the Spurs to the finals, we are all going to be hearing this a lot.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 5
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11