May 17, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
My first thought when I heard it was “wish I was playing poker against him.” But the line caught on to describe the them, and it’s now the chorus of a new anthem for the team from rapper Drumma Boy and Three 6 Mafia co-founder DJ Paul.
As my man Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog points out, there is a great double meaning here because Memphis is nicknamed The Bluff City (because it sits on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River).
Frankly, this is great. I like it. And if Memphis can get past the Spurs to the finals, we are all going to be hearing this a lot.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27