May 17, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• While they may be looking overseas for a coach, the Hawks are looking statside, also, they interviewed Stan Van Gundy and Mike Budenholzer recently. Buzz is SVG is not interested.
• Former NBA players union executive director Billy Hunter has filed a lawsuit against the union and Derek Fisher. Fun times.
• The Sixers got permission to talk to Kelvin Sampson about their coaching job. Everyone has spoken to Kelvin Sampson, I think.
• If you read one thing today, it would be this fantastic Jonathan Abrams piece at Grantland talking to old-school players such as Bob Cousy and Elgin Baylor about what it was like to travel to games in their day — three games in three nights and you flew coach commercial.
• Roy Hibbert didn’t exactly mince words with how he felt the Pacers played in Game 5 in New York Thursday.
Roy Hibbert is going off: "Excuse me, all the women in here, but we played like p——s."—
Lee Jenkins (@SI_LeeJenkins) May 17, 2013
• Craig Sager photobombed Will Smith. (Best GIF of the year.)
• If you missed it, a woman who knows a thing or two about clubbing — Rihanna — said why she thinks J.R. Smith was slumping. And she sounds a little like a woman scorned.
• Eddie Jordan talks about his season with the Lakers. Doesn’t sound like the assistant coach enjoyed it all that much.
• Here is a list of guys who made the NBA All-Rookie team but really still were busts.
• Phil Jackson would like to remind you he has more championship rings than you do. Than anyone.
• Some people still think the NBA is really slanted toward big markets. Unless the Knicks complete their comeback Miami will be the largest market in the conference finals on either side, and frankly they are 14th in the NBA in television markets.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 6
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21