May 17, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
George Hill played 37 minutes in the Pacers’ Game 4 win over the Knicks, and led the team in scoring with a game-high 26 points. So when the news broke shortly before tip-off of Game 5 that he had been ruled out due to a concussion, the collective head-scratching of when this might have happened immediately began.
It appears to have gone down midway through the first quarter of Game 4, before Hill’s sensational performance.
In the video clip above (at about the 11 second mark) you see Tyson Chandler catch Hill with an elbow to the head as he attempted to set a screen. Chandler didn’t throw the elbow, and no foul was called on the play. But if you’re a Pacers fan, you might not be happy that Chandler had his elbows out and up high enough that Hill was able to run his head directly into one of them while trying to keep pace with his man.
Hill experienced symptoms of a concussion in the following days, and then failed the league-mandated tests that would clear him to return to action. He’s still not cleared yet for Game 6, and it changes quite a bit for the Pacers if he remains unable to go on Saturday.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7