May 16, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
It’s worth noting that this is not a criminal complaint, and we won’t jump to conclusions either way until the case is resolved. But it is unfortunate that anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone else, resulting in the person who’s being sued having to deal with the stigma of these horrific allegations until they are able to clear their name in court.
Young isn’t waiting for that time to arrive, and took to his Instagram account on Thursday to vaguely respond to the accusations. He posted a picture of deceased rapper Tupac Shakur, with a heading that reads, “Don’t believe everything you hear. Real Eyes. Realize. Real Lies.”
Young then added the following comments:
“I was shocked with the amount of people who actually believed that Swaggy would do such a thing! I take my craft and my reputation seriously. I have a son that looks up to me as well as fans that are children. I would never want them to think of me in such a way. I learned that God has a way of showing things: Who my real friends are, who I can trust and who has my best interest. So to my family, friends, coaches, teammates and fans that supported me through this challenging time I want to say thank you for believing in me. Your support and prayer means the world to me. At this I want to say God is everything so keep yo faith, keep smiling and swagging on these haters.”
This is obviously a very serious situation, but Young using his nickname while speaking of himself in the third person is fairly hilarious. Hopefully that’s an indication of how confident he is in his innocence, but again, we’ll reserve judgment until we see how this all plays out.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31