Nick Young takes to Instagram to respond to sexual assault lawsuit filed against him

May 16, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT

Nick Young, Issiah Thomas

Nick Young is currently facing a sexual assault lawsuit that a woman recently filed, alleging that some very ugly things occurred two years ago.

It’s worth noting that this is not a criminal complaint, and we won’t jump to conclusions either way until the case is resolved. But it is unfortunate that anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone else, resulting in the person who’s being sued having to deal with the stigma of these horrific allegations until they are able to clear their name in court.

Young isn’t waiting for that time to arrive, and took to his Instagram account on Thursday to vaguely respond to the accusations. He posted a picture of deceased rapper Tupac Shakur, with a heading that reads, “Don’t believe everything you hear. Real Eyes. Realize. Real Lies.”

Young then added the following comments:

“I was shocked with the amount of people who actually believed that Swaggy would do such a thing! I take my craft and my reputation seriously. I have a son that looks up to me as well as fans that are children. I would never want them to think of me in such a way. I learned that God has a way of showing things: Who my real friends are, who I can trust and who has my best interest. So to my family, friends, coaches, teammates and fans that supported me through this challenging time I want to say thank you for believing in me. Your support and prayer means the world to me. At this I want to say God is everything so keep yo faith, keep smiling and swagging on these haters.”

This is obviously a very serious situation, but Young using his nickname while speaking of himself in the third person is fairly hilarious. Hopefully that’s an indication of how confident he is in his innocence, but again, we’ll reserve judgment until we see how this all plays out.

1. readysethike - May 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM

innocent until proven guilty

• 4thquartermagic - May 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Apparently nowadays your guilty until declaring yourself innocent on Instagram.

• nycalldayz - May 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

LOL…Why instagram?

2. 4thquartermagic - May 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Maybe all the third-person/nickname references is some a jedi mind trick.

“Your honor, Swaggy would never do such a thing and neither would I… Mr. Young on the other hand… he’s the one you want.”

3. yuwannano - May 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM

“I was shocked with the amount of people who actually believed that Swaggy would do such a thing!”

Oh noos! Not Swaggy! LOL! Kids these days. They get sued and the first thing they do is go on Instagram.

4. stlouis1baseball - May 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Dude seriously referred to himself as “Swaggy?”

5. jimsjam33 - May 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Nick Young is one of the NBA’s most likable people . I hope and pray this is only a go for the money job . I’m wit jou Swaggy !

6. katra2logic - May 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Two years to file a complaint…? Methinks this is probably a money grab…

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches