May 16, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
It’s no secret that the Bulls gave everything they had against the Heat, and that Chicago team will be remembered as one of the hardest-fighting in recent memory, especially considering all of the injuries they dealt with throughout the course of the postseason.
The Heat had the utmost respect for their opponent, and couldn’t stop talking about how tough it was to compete against them for five straight games.
LeBron James seemed exhausted during his postgame press conference, and spoke with a tone that almost resembled defeat, rather than the series-clinching victory his team had just experienced.
He went on to say that Game 5 might have been the toughest closeout game of his career, and the way the Heat gave back all of an early 18-point lead to actually trail by as many as 11 in the second half before coming away with the three-point victory would suggest nothing less.
Check out the video clip above for the entirety of LeBron’s comments.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23