May 16, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
The Knicks started Kenyon Martin in place of Pablo Prigioni in Game 4 against the Pacers, an apparent attempt to match Indiana’s size. But once again, New York was torched on the glass and lost by double digits.
So, Mike Woodson is looking for solutions where he’d already found them. Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv:
Asked if he would go back to the old lineup, Woodson said: “We’re contemplating doing that. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. That lineup has been great for us for two, three months. and I went away from it last night to go big and a lot of that was based on guys not being in practice and not too sure about Iman [Shumpert] in terms of his knee.
“So I didn’t want to bring him off and then him being stiff. I mean there were a lot of things playing into why I did what I did but that lineup has been good and there’s a strong chance we could go right back to that lineup.”
- Big: –6 in 54 minutes
- Small: +3 in 135 minutes
That’s fairly expected, considering the Knicks have built their identity on going small. But New York’s big lineups haven’t even helped against the Pacers’ chief advantage, rebounding. The Knicks’ small lineups have grabbed a larger share offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds than their big lineups.
- Big: 20 percent
- Small: 25 percent
- Big: 64 percent
- Small: 68 percent
- Big: 41 percent
- Small: 45 percent
Woodson should start Prigioni in Game 5. That would help the Knicks’ ball movement and shooting, and it might not even hurt them on the glass.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15