May 16, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
The Knicks started Kenyon Martin in place of Pablo Prigioni in Game 4 against the Pacers, an apparent attempt to match Indiana’s size. But once again, New York was torched on the glass and lost by double digits.
So, Mike Woodson is looking for solutions where he’d already found them. Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv:
Asked if he would go back to the old lineup, Woodson said: “We’re contemplating doing that. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. That lineup has been great for us for two, three months. and I went away from it last night to go big and a lot of that was based on guys not being in practice and not too sure about Iman [Shumpert] in terms of his knee.
“So I didn’t want to bring him off and then him being stiff. I mean there were a lot of things playing into why I did what I did but that lineup has been good and there’s a strong chance we could go right back to that lineup.”
- Big: –6 in 54 minutes
- Small: +3 in 135 minutes
That’s fairly expected, considering the Knicks have built their identity on going small. But New York’s big lineups haven’t even helped against the Pacers’ chief advantage, rebounding. The Knicks’ small lineups have grabbed a larger share offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds than their big lineups.
- Big: 20 percent
- Small: 25 percent
- Big: 64 percent
- Small: 68 percent
- Big: 41 percent
- Small: 45 percent
Woodson should start Prigioni in Game 5. That would help the Knicks’ ball movement and shooting, and it might not even hurt them on the glass.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4