May 16, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
The Knicks started Kenyon Martin in place of Pablo Prigioni in Game 4 against the Pacers, an apparent attempt to match Indiana’s size. But once again, New York was torched on the glass and lost by double digits.
So, Mike Woodson is looking for solutions where he’d already found them. Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv:
Asked if he would go back to the old lineup, Woodson said: “We’re contemplating doing that. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. That lineup has been great for us for two, three months. and I went away from it last night to go big and a lot of that was based on guys not being in practice and not too sure about Iman [Shumpert] in terms of his knee.
“So I didn’t want to bring him off and then him being stiff. I mean there were a lot of things playing into why I did what I did but that lineup has been good and there’s a strong chance we could go right back to that lineup.”
- Big: –6 in 54 minutes
- Small: +3 in 135 minutes
That’s fairly expected, considering the Knicks have built their identity on going small. But New York’s big lineups haven’t even helped against the Pacers’ chief advantage, rebounding. The Knicks’ small lineups have grabbed a larger share offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds than their big lineups.
- Big: 20 percent
- Small: 25 percent
- Big: 64 percent
- Small: 68 percent
- Big: 41 percent
- Small: 45 percent
Woodson should start Prigioni in Game 5. That would help the Knicks’ ball movement and shooting, and it might not even hurt them on the glass.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30