May 16, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Remember Filomena Tobias? The woman who flipped off Joakim Noah will soon have her 15 minutes of fame run out, but she’s making one more public stand by speaking through her attorney. Via Gossip Extra:
“Ms. Tobias has been a devoted Miami Heat fan for as long as she can remember, and like many other devoted fans, she unfortunately allowed her passion for the team to disregard proper fan etiquette. She is only human, and her emotions got the best of her,” Barbuto wrote after consulting with Tobias.
“She offers her genuine apologies to anyone she has offended, and she requests that her privacy, as well as the privacy of her family, be respected at this time.”
“Ms. Tobias is distressed at the needless national attention this incident has garnered and the unwarranted invasion of privacy by the press into her personal life, including the malicious and untrue reporting about her husband’s tragic passing,” Barbuto’s statement reads.
“What started as a simple and ill-mannered gesture that was made towards a member of the opposing team who had just been ejected, has now transformed into a very ugly and despicable intrusion into Ms. Tobias’ past.
If there’s a lesson here, it’s don’t get photographed giving the finger to an NBA player after being accused of murdering your husband. People might talk about it, which will force you to pay a lawyer to bring you more publicity.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11