May 16, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Remember Filomena Tobias? The woman who flipped off Joakim Noah will soon have her 15 minutes of fame run out, but she’s making one more public stand by speaking through her attorney. Via Gossip Extra:
“Ms. Tobias has been a devoted Miami Heat fan for as long as she can remember, and like many other devoted fans, she unfortunately allowed her passion for the team to disregard proper fan etiquette. She is only human, and her emotions got the best of her,” Barbuto wrote after consulting with Tobias.
“She offers her genuine apologies to anyone she has offended, and she requests that her privacy, as well as the privacy of her family, be respected at this time.”
“Ms. Tobias is distressed at the needless national attention this incident has garnered and the unwarranted invasion of privacy by the press into her personal life, including the malicious and untrue reporting about her husband’s tragic passing,” Barbuto’s statement reads.
“What started as a simple and ill-mannered gesture that was made towards a member of the opposing team who had just been ejected, has now transformed into a very ugly and despicable intrusion into Ms. Tobias’ past.
If there’s a lesson here, it’s don’t get photographed giving the finger to an NBA player after being accused of murdering your husband. People might talk about it, which will force you to pay a lawyer to bring you more publicity.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6