May 15, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
A woman has filed a civil lawsuit in Los Angeles against recent Sixer and now free agent Nick Young, claiming the guard met the woman at a bar, drugged and raped her two years ago, reports CBS 2 in Los Angeles and TMZ (via CSNPhilly.com).
The woman is seeking unspecified damages. This is not a criminal complaint against the Los Angeles native who played his college ball at USC and lives in his home town in the offseason.
According to the report, the woman says the two met at the Crown Bar in West Hollywood (and area of Los Angeles). The report, cititng the complaint, says that Young bought the woman and her friend a glass of champagne, and the next thing that she remembers she woke up at Young’s home naked and he said they were having intercourse until she passed out, then he stopped. The woman reports she went to the UCLA Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center, where tests found GHB — a known date rape drug — in her system.
We caution you not to jump to conclusions here, we don’t have his side of the story, this is not a criminal complaint with a police investigation and charges by the state.
But it’s something Young is going to have over his head this summer.
The six-year veteran gunner from the two guard spot averaged 10.6 points a game for the Sixers last season. He is a free agent this summer.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17