May 15, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
A woman has filed a civil lawsuit in Los Angeles against recent Sixer and now free agent Nick Young, claiming the guard met the woman at a bar, drugged and raped her two years ago, reports CBS 2 in Los Angeles and TMZ (via CSNPhilly.com).
The woman is seeking unspecified damages. This is not a criminal complaint against the Los Angeles native who played his college ball at USC and lives in his home town in the offseason.
According to the report, the woman says the two met at the Crown Bar in West Hollywood (and area of Los Angeles). The report, cititng the complaint, says that Young bought the woman and her friend a glass of champagne, and the next thing that she remembers she woke up at Young’s home naked and he said they were having intercourse until she passed out, then he stopped. The woman reports she went to the UCLA Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center, where tests found GHB — a known date rape drug — in her system.
We caution you not to jump to conclusions here, we don’t have his side of the story, this is not a criminal complaint with a police investigation and charges by the state.
But it’s something Young is going to have over his head this summer.
The six-year veteran gunner from the two guard spot averaged 10.6 points a game for the Sixers last season. He is a free agent this summer.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48