May 15, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
A woman has filed a civil lawsuit in Los Angeles against recent Sixer and now free agent Nick Young, claiming the guard met the woman at a bar, drugged and raped her two years ago, reports CBS 2 in Los Angeles and TMZ (via CSNPhilly.com).
The woman is seeking unspecified damages. This is not a criminal complaint against the Los Angeles native who played his college ball at USC and lives in his home town in the offseason.
According to the report, the woman says the two met at the Crown Bar in West Hollywood (and area of Los Angeles). The report, cititng the complaint, says that Young bought the woman and her friend a glass of champagne, and the next thing that she remembers she woke up at Young’s home naked and he said they were having intercourse until she passed out, then he stopped. The woman reports she went to the UCLA Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center, where tests found GHB — a known date rape drug — in her system.
We caution you not to jump to conclusions here, we don’t have his side of the story, this is not a criminal complaint with a police investigation and charges by the state.
But it’s something Young is going to have over his head this summer.
The six-year veteran gunner from the two guard spot averaged 10.6 points a game for the Sixers last season. He is a free agent this summer.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6