There’s mutual interest in bringing Kyle Korver back in Atlanta

May 15, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT

Kyle Korver AP

Can anyone use a veteran three-point specialist wing player, one who shot 45.7 percent from deep last season?

A lot of teams can. In a league where floor spacing is more crucial than ever Kyle Korver has real value and he’s going to have a number of suitors as a free agent this summer.

But he likes Atlanta. And Atlanta likes him. So he could well be back in the ATL next season.

That’s what Korver said at his exit interview, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. We’ll start with the simple question: Kyle, have the Hawks said they want you back?

“Yes. They said they would like to work something out so we’ll talk in July.”

Would you want to come back?

“Yes. I really enjoyed by year here in Atlanta. I enjoyed the team. I enjoyed the organization. I believe Danny Ferry is going to do some great things here. I really think he is. I think it’s a great opportunity to bring in guys who are going to play fun basketball. I know the vision that he has, you know the kind of basketball that he likes to watch. I think he is going to bring in those types of guys. I like the same basketball that he likes. I’m very open to coming back here.”

Of course, it always comes down to money. Korver (like every free agent) will go where he gets paid the most. All the other factors — quality of team, minutes he can expect, weather, comfort in city — are secondary. Money talks.

Korver will have options. But Atlanta is a good one.

1. bobbalkcom - May 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My family and I love to see you play, Kyle. I hope it works out where you stay in ATL.

2. 13arod - May 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

i would test fred anceny if i was him

• 4thquartermagic - May 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Agreed.

The test that is Fred Anceny is difficult, but if you defeat him, you shall become all powerful.

3. mazblast - May 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM

“Korver (like every free agent) will go where he gets paid the most. ”

Not necessarily. Some free agents go where they feel most comfortable, where they like the lifestyle, and/or where they think they can be on a winner. MOST follow the money only, but not all.

Korver is a deadly shooter, always has been. Few games are over if he’s on the floor. There should be a place for someone like him on every roster, especially that of a contender.

4. sportsnut101 - May 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Hes been on Utah. Bulls n hawks None of them said omg we need that great shooter Kyle kover who barely scores when it counts. Yes he shoots high pct. but if u only take 6 shots game. N make 3 that makes u a great shooter. Cuz I went 4 for 7 on threes at YMCA last week

This guy sucks. If I was gm I would offer min deal n move on if he wants more

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches