May 15, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
Can anyone use a veteran three-point specialist wing player, one who shot 45.7 percent from deep last season?
A lot of teams can. In a league where floor spacing is more crucial than ever Kyle Korver has real value and he’s going to have a number of suitors as a free agent this summer.
But he likes Atlanta. And Atlanta likes him. So he could well be back in the ATL next season.
That’s what Korver said at his exit interview, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. We’ll start with the simple question: Kyle, have the Hawks said they want you back?
“Yes. They said they would like to work something out so we’ll talk in July.”
Would you want to come back?
“Yes. I really enjoyed by year here in Atlanta. I enjoyed the team. I enjoyed the organization. I believe Danny Ferry is going to do some great things here. I really think he is. I think it’s a great opportunity to bring in guys who are going to play fun basketball. I know the vision that he has, you know the kind of basketball that he likes to watch. I think he is going to bring in those types of guys. I like the same basketball that he likes. I’m very open to coming back here.”
Of course, it always comes down to money. Korver (like every free agent) will go where he gets paid the most. All the other factors — quality of team, minutes he can expect, weather, comfort in city — are secondary. Money talks.
Korver will have options. But Atlanta is a good one.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4