May 15, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Nate McMillan interviewed with the Atlanta Hawks for their head coaching job on Wednesday, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
The Hawks still have their current head coach Larry Drew under contract through the end of June, but he’s not expected to be retained. Drew has been given permission to interview elsewhere during the process, although Atlanta’s GM Danny Ferry hasn’t completely ruled out bringing Drew back.
As for McMillan, he posted a sub-.500 record over seven seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, and never led the team past the first round of the playoffs, while reaching the postseason there three times. He has a reputation as a defensive-minded coach and as a bit of a disciplinarian, which are both qualities the Hawks could desperately use if the team does indeed decide to make a coaching change.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23