May 15, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
Nate McMillan interviewed with the Atlanta Hawks for their head coaching job on Wednesday, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
The Hawks still have their current head coach Larry Drew under contract through the end of June, but he’s not expected to be retained. Drew has been given permission to interview elsewhere during the process, although Atlanta’s GM Danny Ferry hasn’t completely ruled out bringing Drew back.
As for McMillan, he posted a sub-.500 record over seven seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, and never led the team past the first round of the playoffs, while reaching the postseason there three times. He has a reputation as a defensive-minded coach and as a bit of a disciplinarian, which are both qualities the Hawks could desperately use if the team does indeed decide to make a coaching change.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19