May 15, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
Nate McMillan interviewed with the Atlanta Hawks for their head coaching job on Wednesday, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
The Hawks still have their current head coach Larry Drew under contract through the end of June, but he’s not expected to be retained. Drew has been given permission to interview elsewhere during the process, although Atlanta’s GM Danny Ferry hasn’t completely ruled out bringing Drew back.
As for McMillan, he posted a sub-.500 record over seven seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, and never led the team past the first round of the playoffs, while reaching the postseason there three times. He has a reputation as a defensive-minded coach and as a bit of a disciplinarian, which are both qualities the Hawks could desperately use if the team does indeed decide to make a coaching change.
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 19
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 10
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)