May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
At this point it is the status quo, but we are passing along the news anyway.
Kirk Hinrich is “most likely” out according to Thibodeau. We know in Chicago coach speak that means he’s not playing either.
Which is how it has been all series for the Bulls. Hinrich has a calf injury that has not healed quickly and Deng had complications with a spinal tap that caused him to lose 15 pounds and as of a couple days ago he was still throwing up every time he tried to workout.
Neither has played all series, where the shorthanded Bulls are down 3-1 and most likely get eliminated Wednesday night.
Then we can start asking: What will it take to keep the Bulls healthy for next playoffs? Some luck, certainly. But also can the Bulls add some depth (particularly at the three and five spots) to limit guys’ minutes during the season and have them healthier, fresher and ready for the postseason?
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 24
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7