May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
At this point it is the status quo, but we are passing along the news anyway.
Kirk Hinrich is “most likely” out according to Thibodeau. We know in Chicago coach speak that means he’s not playing either.
Which is how it has been all series for the Bulls. Hinrich has a calf injury that has not healed quickly and Deng had complications with a spinal tap that caused him to lose 15 pounds and as of a couple days ago he was still throwing up every time he tried to workout.
Neither has played all series, where the shorthanded Bulls are down 3-1 and most likely get eliminated Wednesday night.
Then we can start asking: What will it take to keep the Bulls healthy for next playoffs? Some luck, certainly. But also can the Bulls add some depth (particularly at the three and five spots) to limit guys’ minutes during the season and have them healthier, fresher and ready for the postseason?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18