May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
At this point it is the status quo, but we are passing along the news anyway.
Kirk Hinrich is “most likely” out according to Thibodeau. We know in Chicago coach speak that means he’s not playing either.
Which is how it has been all series for the Bulls. Hinrich has a calf injury that has not healed quickly and Deng had complications with a spinal tap that caused him to lose 15 pounds and as of a couple days ago he was still throwing up every time he tried to workout.
Neither has played all series, where the shorthanded Bulls are down 3-1 and most likely get eliminated Wednesday night.
Then we can start asking: What will it take to keep the Bulls healthy for next playoffs? Some luck, certainly. But also can the Bulls add some depth (particularly at the three and five spots) to limit guys’ minutes during the season and have them healthier, fresher and ready for the postseason?
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9