May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
At this point it is the status quo, but we are passing along the news anyway.
Kirk Hinrich is “most likely” out according to Thibodeau. We know in Chicago coach speak that means he’s not playing either.
Which is how it has been all series for the Bulls. Hinrich has a calf injury that has not healed quickly and Deng had complications with a spinal tap that caused him to lose 15 pounds and as of a couple days ago he was still throwing up every time he tried to workout.
Neither has played all series, where the shorthanded Bulls are down 3-1 and most likely get eliminated Wednesday night.
Then we can start asking: What will it take to keep the Bulls healthy for next playoffs? Some luck, certainly. But also can the Bulls add some depth (particularly at the three and five spots) to limit guys’ minutes during the season and have them healthier, fresher and ready for the postseason?
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50