May 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
At this point it is the status quo, but we are passing along the news anyway.
Kirk Hinrich is “most likely” out according to Thibodeau. We know in Chicago coach speak that means he’s not playing either.
Which is how it has been all series for the Bulls. Hinrich has a calf injury that has not healed quickly and Deng had complications with a spinal tap that caused him to lose 15 pounds and as of a couple days ago he was still throwing up every time he tried to workout.
Neither has played all series, where the shorthanded Bulls are down 3-1 and most likely get eliminated Wednesday night.
Then we can start asking: What will it take to keep the Bulls healthy for next playoffs? Some luck, certainly. But also can the Bulls add some depth (particularly at the three and five spots) to limit guys’ minutes during the season and have them healthier, fresher and ready for the postseason?
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32