May 14, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
After his fashion choices during the playoffs, it is clear Dwyane Wade should be the one to design the new Dallas Mavericks uniforms.
But you can get the job, instead.
The Mavs are going to re-do our uniforms for the 2015-16 season… if we get a unique and original design. What’s the best way to come up with creative ideas? You ask for them. So we are going to crowd source the design and colors of our uniforms.
You know what an NBA uniform looks like. You know what the Mavs colors are for today and the past. We want some new ideas that stay true to our logo and at least close to our current color schemes. Show us what you got!
Don’t do this for the money — Cuban is clear that once you submit your design (by putting it on his blog) he and the Mavericks own the rights, not you. All you get are bragging rights and maybe some Mavericks tickets. Maybe. This is tougher than Shark Tank.
It’s probably time for an update, the last one for Dallas was not long after Cuban took over and ditched old green look all together (as The Basketball Jones noted, Diddy designed the current green alternates). Classic works well if you are the Celtics or Lakers, but for the vast majority of teams in the league some dramatic changes in logo and design every decade or so is not a bad thing. Innovation should be welcomed.
And what better way is there to get innovation than to ask everyone on the Internet. What could go wrong?
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7