May 14, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
After his fashion choices during the playoffs, it is clear Dwyane Wade should be the one to design the new Dallas Mavericks uniforms.
But you can get the job, instead.
The Mavs are going to re-do our uniforms for the 2015-16 season… if we get a unique and original design. What’s the best way to come up with creative ideas? You ask for them. So we are going to crowd source the design and colors of our uniforms.
You know what an NBA uniform looks like. You know what the Mavs colors are for today and the past. We want some new ideas that stay true to our logo and at least close to our current color schemes. Show us what you got!
Don’t do this for the money — Cuban is clear that once you submit your design (by putting it on his blog) he and the Mavericks own the rights, not you. All you get are bragging rights and maybe some Mavericks tickets. Maybe. This is tougher than Shark Tank.
It’s probably time for an update, the last one for Dallas was not long after Cuban took over and ditched old green look all together (as The Basketball Jones noted, Diddy designed the current green alternates). Classic works well if you are the Celtics or Lakers, but for the vast majority of teams in the league some dramatic changes in logo and design every decade or so is not a bad thing. Innovation should be welcomed.
And what better way is there to get innovation than to ask everyone on the Internet. What could go wrong?
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34