May 14, 2013, 10:07 AM EST
After his fashion choices during the playoffs, it is clear Dwyane Wade should be the one to design the new Dallas Mavericks uniforms.
But you can get the job, instead.
The Mavs are going to re-do our uniforms for the 2015-16 season… if we get a unique and original design. What’s the best way to come up with creative ideas? You ask for them. So we are going to crowd source the design and colors of our uniforms.
You know what an NBA uniform looks like. You know what the Mavs colors are for today and the past. We want some new ideas that stay true to our logo and at least close to our current color schemes. Show us what you got!
Don’t do this for the money — Cuban is clear that once you submit your design (by putting it on his blog) he and the Mavericks own the rights, not you. All you get are bragging rights and maybe some Mavericks tickets. Maybe. This is tougher than Shark Tank.
It’s probably time for an update, the last one for Dallas was not long after Cuban took over and ditched old green look all together (as The Basketball Jones noted, Diddy designed the current green alternates). Classic works well if you are the Celtics or Lakers, but for the vast majority of teams in the league some dramatic changes in logo and design every decade or so is not a bad thing. Innovation should be welcomed.
And what better way is there to get innovation than to ask everyone on the Internet. What could go wrong?
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 0
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 8
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)