May 14, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
After his fashion choices during the playoffs, it is clear Dwyane Wade should be the one to design the new Dallas Mavericks uniforms.
But you can get the job, instead.
The Mavs are going to re-do our uniforms for the 2015-16 season… if we get a unique and original design. What’s the best way to come up with creative ideas? You ask for them. So we are going to crowd source the design and colors of our uniforms.
You know what an NBA uniform looks like. You know what the Mavs colors are for today and the past. We want some new ideas that stay true to our logo and at least close to our current color schemes. Show us what you got!
Don’t do this for the money — Cuban is clear that once you submit your design (by putting it on his blog) he and the Mavericks own the rights, not you. All you get are bragging rights and maybe some Mavericks tickets. Maybe. This is tougher than Shark Tank.
It’s probably time for an update, the last one for Dallas was not long after Cuban took over and ditched old green look all together (as The Basketball Jones noted, Diddy designed the current green alternates). Classic works well if you are the Celtics or Lakers, but for the vast majority of teams in the league some dramatic changes in logo and design every decade or so is not a bad thing. Innovation should be welcomed.
And what better way is there to get innovation than to ask everyone on the Internet. What could go wrong?
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10