May 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s all good for Iman Shumpert. Or at least good enough for him to play in a crucial Game 4 for the Knicks Tuesday night.
After getting an MRI and having the orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery on Shumpert’s left knee take a look at everything, there is no structural damage, reports the New York Knicks.
Which means Shumpert will suit up on Tuesday night in Indiana in what is a virtual must-win game for the Knicks.
Coach Mike Woodson said before the game Shumpert would start.
They’ll need him and his defense — even though he shot just 3-for-10 last game (a Knicks loss), he had the best plus/minus of any Knicks starter (-5) because New Yorks defense on Paul George and George Hill is so much better.
Of course, we’ll see how well he moves. Expect the Pacers to go right at him a little bit early on and test that knee and his defense.
Indiana leads the best-of-seven series 2-1. A Pacers win Tuesday night makes them a virtual lock to advance, a Knicks win and it’s a best-of-3 series.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50