May 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s all good for Iman Shumpert. Or at least good enough for him to play in a crucial Game 4 for the Knicks Tuesday night.
After getting an MRI and having the orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery on Shumpert’s left knee take a look at everything, there is no structural damage, reports the New York Knicks.
Which means Shumpert will suit up on Tuesday night in Indiana in what is a virtual must-win game for the Knicks.
Coach Mike Woodson said before the game Shumpert would start.
They’ll need him and his defense — even though he shot just 3-for-10 last game (a Knicks loss), he had the best plus/minus of any Knicks starter (-5) because New Yorks defense on Paul George and George Hill is so much better.
Of course, we’ll see how well he moves. Expect the Pacers to go right at him a little bit early on and test that knee and his defense.
Indiana leads the best-of-seven series 2-1. A Pacers win Tuesday night makes them a virtual lock to advance, a Knicks win and it’s a best-of-3 series.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61