May 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s all good for Iman Shumpert. Or at least good enough for him to play in a crucial Game 4 for the Knicks Tuesday night.
After getting an MRI and having the orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery on Shumpert’s left knee take a look at everything, there is no structural damage, reports the New York Knicks.
Which means Shumpert will suit up on Tuesday night in Indiana in what is a virtual must-win game for the Knicks.
Coach Mike Woodson said before the game Shumpert would start.
They’ll need him and his defense — even though he shot just 3-for-10 last game (a Knicks loss), he had the best plus/minus of any Knicks starter (-5) because New Yorks defense on Paul George and George Hill is so much better.
Of course, we’ll see how well he moves. Expect the Pacers to go right at him a little bit early on and test that knee and his defense.
Indiana leads the best-of-seven series 2-1. A Pacers win Tuesday night makes them a virtual lock to advance, a Knicks win and it’s a best-of-3 series.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37