May 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s all good for Iman Shumpert. Or at least good enough for him to play in a crucial Game 4 for the Knicks Tuesday night.
After getting an MRI and having the orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery on Shumpert’s left knee take a look at everything, there is no structural damage, reports the New York Knicks.
Which means Shumpert will suit up on Tuesday night in Indiana in what is a virtual must-win game for the Knicks.
Coach Mike Woodson said before the game Shumpert would start.
They’ll need him and his defense — even though he shot just 3-for-10 last game (a Knicks loss), he had the best plus/minus of any Knicks starter (-5) because New Yorks defense on Paul George and George Hill is so much better.
Of course, we’ll see how well he moves. Expect the Pacers to go right at him a little bit early on and test that knee and his defense.
Indiana leads the best-of-seven series 2-1. A Pacers win Tuesday night makes them a virtual lock to advance, a Knicks win and it’s a best-of-3 series.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31