May 14, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s all good for Iman Shumpert. Or at least good enough for him to play in a crucial Game 4 for the Knicks Tuesday night.
After getting an MRI and having the orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery on Shumpert’s left knee take a look at everything, there is no structural damage, reports the New York Knicks.
Which means Shumpert will suit up on Tuesday night in Indiana in what is a virtual must-win game for the Knicks.
Coach Mike Woodson said before the game Shumpert would start.
They’ll need him and his defense — even though he shot just 3-for-10 last game (a Knicks loss), he had the best plus/minus of any Knicks starter (-5) because New Yorks defense on Paul George and George Hill is so much better.
Of course, we’ll see how well he moves. Expect the Pacers to go right at him a little bit early on and test that knee and his defense.
Indiana leads the best-of-seven series 2-1. A Pacers win Tuesday night makes them a virtual lock to advance, a Knicks win and it’s a best-of-3 series.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55