May 14, 2013, 3:12 AM EST
Kevin Durant is doing all he can.
The best pure scorer in the game today is keeping Oklahoma City close to the Memphis Grizzlies. He did it by scoring 27 points, and adding 7 rebounds and 7 assists in Game 4. And by isolating with 10 seconds and driving to hit a scooping layup that ends up sending the game to overtime. It was a big, clutch play by Durant that gave the Thunder a chance… well, other than the chance they had when they blew a 17-point lead. He gave them another chance.
It wasn’t enough. And now the Thunder are in a lot of trouble, down 3-1. But it’s not for lack of effort.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12