May 14, 2013, 3:12 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is doing all he can.
The best pure scorer in the game today is keeping Oklahoma City close to the Memphis Grizzlies. He did it by scoring 27 points, and adding 7 rebounds and 7 assists in Game 4. And by isolating with 10 seconds and driving to hit a scooping layup that ends up sending the game to overtime. It was a big, clutch play by Durant that gave the Thunder a chance… well, other than the chance they had when they blew a 17-point lead. He gave them another chance.
It wasn’t enough. And now the Thunder are in a lot of trouble, down 3-1. But it’s not for lack of effort.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5