May 14, 2013, 3:12 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is doing all he can.
The best pure scorer in the game today is keeping Oklahoma City close to the Memphis Grizzlies. He did it by scoring 27 points, and adding 7 rebounds and 7 assists in Game 4. And by isolating with 10 seconds and driving to hit a scooping layup that ends up sending the game to overtime. It was a big, clutch play by Durant that gave the Thunder a chance… well, other than the chance they had when they blew a 17-point lead. He gave them another chance.
It wasn’t enough. And now the Thunder are in a lot of trouble, down 3-1. But it’s not for lack of effort.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6