May 14, 2013, 3:12 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is doing all he can.
The best pure scorer in the game today is keeping Oklahoma City close to the Memphis Grizzlies. He did it by scoring 27 points, and adding 7 rebounds and 7 assists in Game 4. And by isolating with 10 seconds and driving to hit a scooping layup that ends up sending the game to overtime. It was a big, clutch play by Durant that gave the Thunder a chance… well, other than the chance they had when they blew a 17-point lead. He gave them another chance.
It wasn’t enough. And now the Thunder are in a lot of trouble, down 3-1. But it’s not for lack of effort.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32