May 14, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
That pretty much sums up the Bulls night — the only bucket Marquis Teague made all game was one for the Heat.
Chicago shot 25.7 percent Monday night and fell to Miami in a Game 4 that was just an unfortunate mess. The Bulls stars went cold (it was more than just the Heat defense) and coach Tom Thibodeau just had nobody to turn to on the bench. Because his bench was starting. Rip Hamilton just can’t get it done.
The Bulls have fought hard. They advanced to the second round despite injuries that should have had them rolling over and giving up. It’s a credit to the players and coach that they are here. But that loss Monday did them in for the series.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9