May 14, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
That pretty much sums up the Bulls night — the only bucket Marquis Teague made all game was one for the Heat.
Chicago shot 25.7 percent Monday night and fell to Miami in a Game 4 that was just an unfortunate mess. The Bulls stars went cold (it was more than just the Heat defense) and coach Tom Thibodeau just had nobody to turn to on the bench. Because his bench was starting. Rip Hamilton just can’t get it done.
The Bulls have fought hard. They advanced to the second round despite injuries that should have had them rolling over and giving up. It’s a credit to the players and coach that they are here. But that loss Monday did them in for the series.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4