May 14, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
That pretty much sums up the Bulls night — the only bucket Marquis Teague made all game was one for the Heat.
Chicago shot 25.7 percent Monday night and fell to Miami in a Game 4 that was just an unfortunate mess. The Bulls stars went cold (it was more than just the Heat defense) and coach Tom Thibodeau just had nobody to turn to on the bench. Because his bench was starting. Rip Hamilton just can’t get it done.
The Bulls have fought hard. They advanced to the second round despite injuries that should have had them rolling over and giving up. It’s a credit to the players and coach that they are here. But that loss Monday did them in for the series.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 4
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4