May 14, 2013, 11:23 AM EST
That pretty much sums up the Bulls night — the only bucket Marquis Teague made all game was one for the Heat.
Chicago shot 25.7 percent Monday night and fell to Miami in a Game 4 that was just an unfortunate mess. The Bulls stars went cold (it was more than just the Heat defense) and coach Tom Thibodeau just had nobody to turn to on the bench. Because his bench was starting. Rip Hamilton just can’t get it done.
The Bulls have fought hard. They advanced to the second round despite injuries that should have had them rolling over and giving up. It’s a credit to the players and coach that they are here. But that loss Monday did them in for the series.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18