May 13, 2013, 8:43 AM EST
Sunday David Lee tried to give it a go again — he played nearly eight minutes off the bench, went 0-2 shooting, was -12, but he did have five rebounds. Still, he’s not the same player following the hip flexor injury that was supposed to keep him out for the playoffs.
Lee knows it. He’s trying to be good teammate and give it a go.
But he admitted to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com surgery may be in his future.
While it’s a good emotional boost and he can provide a few minutes, Mark Jackson needs to be careful about having Lee out there. While +/- is far from a tell-all stat, if you have the worst +/- on the team it’s not a good sign. And in a series where the Warriors do not have much of any margin for error, they need to be smart.
A surgery this summer should have Lee back and ready for next season.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10