May 13, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Sunday David Lee tried to give it a go again — he played nearly eight minutes off the bench, went 0-2 shooting, was -12, but he did have five rebounds. Still, he’s not the same player following the hip flexor injury that was supposed to keep him out for the playoffs.
Lee knows it. He’s trying to be good teammate and give it a go.
But he admitted to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com surgery may be in his future.
While it’s a good emotional boost and he can provide a few minutes, Mark Jackson needs to be careful about having Lee out there. While +/- is far from a tell-all stat, if you have the worst +/- on the team it’s not a good sign. And in a series where the Warriors do not have much of any margin for error, they need to be smart.
A surgery this summer should have Lee back and ready for next season.
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 0
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24