May 13, 2013, 8:43 AM EST
Sunday David Lee tried to give it a go again — he played nearly eight minutes off the bench, went 0-2 shooting, was -12, but he did have five rebounds. Still, he’s not the same player following the hip flexor injury that was supposed to keep him out for the playoffs.
Lee knows it. He’s trying to be good teammate and give it a go.
But he admitted to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com surgery may be in his future.
While it’s a good emotional boost and he can provide a few minutes, Mark Jackson needs to be careful about having Lee out there. While +/- is far from a tell-all stat, if you have the worst +/- on the team it’s not a good sign. And in a series where the Warriors do not have much of any margin for error, they need to be smart.
A surgery this summer should have Lee back and ready for next season.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8