May 13, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Sunday David Lee tried to give it a go again — he played nearly eight minutes off the bench, went 0-2 shooting, was -12, but he did have five rebounds. Still, he’s not the same player following the hip flexor injury that was supposed to keep him out for the playoffs.
Lee knows it. He’s trying to be good teammate and give it a go.
But he admitted to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com surgery may be in his future.
While it’s a good emotional boost and he can provide a few minutes, Mark Jackson needs to be careful about having Lee out there. While +/- is far from a tell-all stat, if you have the worst +/- on the team it’s not a good sign. And in a series where the Warriors do not have much of any margin for error, they need to be smart.
A surgery this summer should have Lee back and ready for next season.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17