May 13, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Sunday David Lee tried to give it a go again — he played nearly eight minutes off the bench, went 0-2 shooting, was -12, but he did have five rebounds. Still, he’s not the same player following the hip flexor injury that was supposed to keep him out for the playoffs.
Lee knows it. He’s trying to be good teammate and give it a go.
But he admitted to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com surgery may be in his future.
While it’s a good emotional boost and he can provide a few minutes, Mark Jackson needs to be careful about having Lee out there. While +/- is far from a tell-all stat, if you have the worst +/- on the team it’s not a good sign. And in a series where the Warriors do not have much of any margin for error, they need to be smart.
A surgery this summer should have Lee back and ready for next season.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9