May 13, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
How do you think Brandon Jennings and Jerry Sloan would get along?
It could happen. Sloan, the long time coach of the Jazz who retired a couple years ago mid-season, met with Bucks management to discuss the job, reports Sam Amick at USA Today.
According to two people with knowledge of the situation, the former Utah Jazz coach who resigned abruptly in Feb. 2011 has already met with the Milwaukee Bucks about their vacant coaching position and is being seriously considered.
This is not a lock, the Bucks are casting a wide net. They have already reportedly tried to speak to Stan Van Gundy (and were shot down), interviewed Nate McMillan and Houston assistants Kelvin Sampson and J.B. Bickerstaff. Monday they interviewed Lakers assistant Steve Clifford, reported Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Clifford also interviewed for the Bobcats job. Sampson and McMillan are the names that come up in seemingly every job search.
The Bucks are going to be an interesting team this summer. Monta Ellis is a free agent as is J.J. Redick and it may be tough to keep both. The Bucks can match any offer for Brandon Jennings (but he and Redick were -10 points per 48 minutes when paired this season). Jennings, however, sounds like a guy looking for a big deal from a big market and if he gets it would you really match? There are good players under contract such as Larry Sanders and John Henson.
The question remains what kind of team are they trying to build, and will the coach they hire fit that?
Sloan would be a disciplinarian and bring a flex motion offense that will work in the NBA.
Will it work with Jennings at the point?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20