May 13, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
How do you think Brandon Jennings and Jerry Sloan would get along?
It could happen. Sloan, the long time coach of the Jazz who retired a couple years ago mid-season, met with Bucks management to discuss the job, reports Sam Amick at USA Today.
According to two people with knowledge of the situation, the former Utah Jazz coach who resigned abruptly in Feb. 2011 has already met with the Milwaukee Bucks about their vacant coaching position and is being seriously considered.
This is not a lock, the Bucks are casting a wide net. They have already reportedly tried to speak to Stan Van Gundy (and were shot down), interviewed Nate McMillan and Houston assistants Kelvin Sampson and J.B. Bickerstaff. Monday they interviewed Lakers assistant Steve Clifford, reported Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Clifford also interviewed for the Bobcats job. Sampson and McMillan are the names that come up in seemingly every job search.
The Bucks are going to be an interesting team this summer. Monta Ellis is a free agent as is J.J. Redick and it may be tough to keep both. The Bucks can match any offer for Brandon Jennings (but he and Redick were -10 points per 48 minutes when paired this season). Jennings, however, sounds like a guy looking for a big deal from a big market and if he gets it would you really match? There are good players under contract such as Larry Sanders and John Henson.
The question remains what kind of team are they trying to build, and will the coach they hire fit that?
Sloan would be a disciplinarian and bring a flex motion offense that will work in the NBA.
Will it work with Jennings at the point?
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30