May 13, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
How do you think Brandon Jennings and Jerry Sloan would get along?
It could happen. Sloan, the long time coach of the Jazz who retired a couple years ago mid-season, met with Bucks management to discuss the job, reports Sam Amick at USA Today.
According to two people with knowledge of the situation, the former Utah Jazz coach who resigned abruptly in Feb. 2011 has already met with the Milwaukee Bucks about their vacant coaching position and is being seriously considered.
This is not a lock, the Bucks are casting a wide net. They have already reportedly tried to speak to Stan Van Gundy (and were shot down), interviewed Nate McMillan and Houston assistants Kelvin Sampson and J.B. Bickerstaff. Monday they interviewed Lakers assistant Steve Clifford, reported Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Clifford also interviewed for the Bobcats job. Sampson and McMillan are the names that come up in seemingly every job search.
The Bucks are going to be an interesting team this summer. Monta Ellis is a free agent as is J.J. Redick and it may be tough to keep both. The Bucks can match any offer for Brandon Jennings (but he and Redick were -10 points per 48 minutes when paired this season). Jennings, however, sounds like a guy looking for a big deal from a big market and if he gets it would you really match? There are good players under contract such as Larry Sanders and John Henson.
The question remains what kind of team are they trying to build, and will the coach they hire fit that?
Sloan would be a disciplinarian and bring a flex motion offense that will work in the NBA.
Will it work with Jennings at the point?
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)